PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've posted on here before about my diagnosis....35 yo diagnosed with cervical stenosis with myelopathy......lots of numbness & heaviness throughout my body....2nd opinion yesterday does not think this diagnosis was accurate & thinks dont need surgery right now but will someday....he thinks I may have some virus from eating shellfish- he was actually gooogling it during my appointment & said this was out of his realm of expertise....this doc is actually somebody reputable!!!!! I am so scared because I feel like I am slowlyh losing sensation throughout my body & I have 2 very small kids & a husband with MS..... Please help me with any advice or experiences..... Who should i trust????

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ask again for another opinion as we would like to help but are not medical

Easy for me to say but try not to stress as it is bad and can cause all sorts of symptoms like shotage of breath, dry mouth and panic attacks.

I wish you well but you should say you are not happy with what they say.  All the Best

Win xxx

• Posted

Thanks Winnie,

Yes... I've started to realize that you have to be your own advocate for everything & tell them exactly what tests you want done! I just feel like they should be doing more but it's like they're waiting for something worse to happen to me as if having a numb body isn't bad enough... Waiting for more tests I guess before having surgery... Just wish so badly I could go back to feeling myself... Didn't realize how good I had it!

• Posted

Hi Shelbyrae. The 2nd doc sounds like a quak. I have bulging and degenerating disks from neck to base of spine. symptoms are severe pins and needles all over body 24/7, weak in both arms and hands and sore feet, cramps in mussels, out of balance when walking and standing, confussed when having a conversation and sorting out a problem, coordination is out of order and memory lose. Ask your GP to do a full blood test, MRI on brain, neck and spine. IF you have compressed nerves then thi will be causing problems.
    • Posted

Thanks Arthur,

Yes I've had all those tests- blood work fine so far, brain MRI fine, thoracic spine fine, but Cspine turned up bulging disc @ c3c4 focally deforming spinal cord.... Yes I've had major numbness & loss of sensation to skin which is very scary & 2nd & 3rs opinion doctors don't believe bulging disc would cause all these problems all over body... Emg was normal but dr wants to do skin biopsy to test for small fiber nerve damage... Do have a neurosurgeon that wants to do surgery for disc... Guess my plan of action is to wait for next test then strongly consider surgery... But there is always the chance it could be something else & am so scared all the timesad thanks for replying & telling me your story...hope you are feeling well.

• Posted

Go tell them what you put on here and copy and make notes mainly from Arthurs post  xx

Good luck xxxx

Win xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.