Please help !!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on ven for nearly 9 weeks. 5 days on 37.5mg then 19 days on 75mg and 38 days on 150mg.

I'm also on 45mg of mirtazapine. I think this is too much and plan to taper soon.

I am so confused. On just thurs I felt great then as of sat I have deteriorated again. I'm not really anxious but very low keep crying and got a splitting headache.

Is the ven not working or do I give it longer ? I'm at my wits end please advise. I felt so good wed thurs and ok fri last week and now this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I feel for you. I've been on Venlaflaxine 150mg for about three months. I have really good days, sometimes even a couple of good weeks when i think it's working then i feel awful again.  have trouble concentrating and can't get motivated. i wonder if it's the wrong med but the thought of starting all over again on something else is horrible. I think for the time you've been on it you do have to give it a while longer. Have you spoken to your doctor ?

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I have been taking 300 mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine since July 2015. I have had no relapses since the meds kicked in. You may need awhile longer or different dosages to feel a steady improvement. I know meds don't work the same for everybody, but I am happier and sleeping better than I have been for years. 

I was diagnosed with MDD with psychosis and it was treatment resistant. I had never suffered with clnical depression before and had never been on any similar meds before. What were you diagnosed with? Have you ever taken similar meds before? I have my life back and I'm happy to be out of the hell I was in. I hope you will feel better soon. Keep in touch.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Just a thought I thought. No body has everyday good. Im on day 5 of 37.5mg. This is med #8 for me. So far Im doin ok. Better than Celexa. I was suicidal. Still getting dizzy off an on fr withdrawls off Celexa. Anxiety a little. I also take Klonapine 0.5mg for that as needed. Im just glad to actually feel like doin something instead of laying in bed for past 5 wks. I noticed you chg dosage alot. Maybe your body needs more time to adjust or go back to 75mg? I know when I get bored, my mind goes to all these worries an downers. So tryin to stay busy. I have a TON of stress in my life rt now. So Im hoping this med is it!

Goodluck

• Posted

When do you take the Mirtazapine? It is usually an evening dose. Go back to see your doctor as you are heading backwards after feeling well. The Efexor should be kicking in around now. You are not on a high dose at all yet. From someone who has been on 450 Efexor for 30 years!!!

Keep yourself well hydrated with water. Not sure what season you're in but I find water, ice blocks etc work well. Quick check of hydration is colour of your wee, pale straw colour is good. The darker it is the more you need to drink.

I know it's frustrating but it can take time before a suitable antidepressant is found for each person.

• Posted

I take the mirt in the evening.

The plan is to reduce the mirt as I feel so tired and foggy all the time before changing anything else but that could take months. I do seem to be less anxious but feel quite low and unmotivated and, tearful. Anxiety is my main problem but this low mood and lack of motivation is now an issue. Not sure if the ven has started working on the anxiety but in doing so has made me feel low ?

I'm on XR so I think the max is 225 or maybe 300.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I have been taking 300 mg venlafaxine X-RAY (Effexor) and 15 mg mirtazapine since July 2015 when I was diagnosed with MDD with psychosis. From the info I have found the maximum dosages for major depression are 300 to 375 mg. I wasn't aware that there was a dosage as high as 450 mg. Was that I instant release tablet form? This combo works very well for me, I have no lows, sleep better, and deal with life's stresses more calmly than I ever used to. I hope you will feel better soon. Keep in touch.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Hi Phyllis

We are on the same combo at different doses. I'm on 45mg of mirt and 150mg of ven.

I do feel less anxious but feel low and unmotivated. My main issue was anxiety but now I feel somewhat depressed. Going to try and reduce the mirt then maybe increase the ven. Feel over medicated atm.

• Posted

I would report back to your doctor about feeling zonked out. Both meds can be difficult to come off. Lack of motivation I fully understand and it plays hell with your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.