PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'll try and keep this as uncomplicated as possible so please bare with me..

In October last year I was admitted to A&E after suffering ongoing upper tummy pain for about a week. My heart rate was high, as was my WBC count. I had an ultrasound and an MRCP. They found a slightly distended gallbladder and dilated bile duct. They sent me on my merry way, ruling it out as IBS.

I recently had an episode of the same pain, I went to the GP who sent me back to the hospital due to my observations and abdominal guarding. All my bloods were normal except raised lipase. Again I was sent home.

IBS just doesn't seem the answer, has anyone had any similar please? I'm at my wits end.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go to a GI doctor and ask for a HIDA scan. That will show if your gallbladder is working or not working. When you have the scan take note on any symptoms you have during the scan, this will also help in diagnosis.

• Posted

my problem was similar, only thing my blood pressure was low and then when i go up to the ER MY BLOOD work would be fine except my ecg would come as abnormal and i would be having chest pains too but so i ended up going to my dr and she ran test my blood work was fine except my liver test came back abnormal, red blood count was very low and my ultrasound said my gallbladder was full with stones and i was ill and no dr could tell me why after a while i thought i was gonna die and i ended up suffering health anxiety or GAD and also depression, dont stop until u get the answer u seek cause these drs dont wanna do there job. my gallbladder was the culprit and even after removal i still have some troubles

• Posted

they need to ct scan you with contrast. To check of you have stones. If you had a dilated bile duct You might have stones stuck there Causing you more distress. I think you need gallbladder out. If You still feel ill keep going to ER. It takes about 4 to 5 visits for them to help you. I know this from experience. Had gallbladder removed and recovered. Then got sick again due to a dilated common bile duct. a 10 mm stone was stuck there. Had an ERCP to remove the stone. After being in hospital for 2 weeks After I was sent home. it's been almost 2 years of recovery. I still have to stay away from animal fats. Hope you find relief soon.

• Posted

You have upper right abdo pain and your ultrasound and MRCP showed a distended gallbladder and dilated bile duct but yet they tell you it's IBS, astonishing. The gallbladder findings aren't normal.

NHS? Yes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.