Please Help :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm new to this site & i was hoping i could find some comfort in how i am feeling sad.

I have been depressed since i can remember & have tried lots of drugs from the doctor ranging from - prozac ,mirtazapine,citalipram, escitlipram. With no success.

9weeks ago i was put on sertraline 50mg- uped to 100mg the week before Christmas & don't feel any better. The doctor reccommended this one as i am extremely anxious & its taking over my life. sad I am waiting on having some therapy to help & am off sick from work with it at the moment. Please help i feel so low & do not know what to do or how much more i can take sad

Should i be feeling better or is this normal????

I am also taking Amitriptaline 20mg for migraine at night

Thank you for your time & for reading..

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Butterfly,

Hopefully you find some support n here knowing you are not alone we are all the same on here.First of all I think you should be proud that you try the meds. I have tried them all for 4 days at the most and give up impatient me I know they take a while to get into your system but I never wait.keep posting on here I find it helps where are you in the U.K. You can always pm me if you like.Take care and take each day as it comes whatever time your day starts it does not matter.x

• Posted

Hello Joan,

And thank you very much for your message. That's all i want at the moment just some hope that this will all get better someday.

I live in Manchester x

• Posted

Hi Butterfly

That is what we all hope it will end one day we must be positive and tell the negatives where to go but I know that is not easy,Do you go out that is when I panic My Husband is just getting ready to go shopping,I have got ready but now back n the sofa thinkingI cannot go.How stupid I hate going out,keep the house tidy OCD but going out no.Any way keep in touch.x

• Posted

Try reading dr norman Vincent the power of positive thinking helps me a lot
  • Posted

Thanks will bake a look.
  • Posted

Hi Joan,

I know exactly how you feel. I just don't want to leave the house or even get dressed sad it's just awful.

I don't even see my friends or family these days as i can't face it. At least you have your husband to support you through this. I hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Hi Butterfly,

Just been to Sainsburys had to go and sit down massive panic attack ,yes your right I have got my Husband and that makes me feel so guilty as I have got his life on hold,I just would not eat if it were not for him he runs the house ,please keep in touch.x

• Posted

Awww i'm so sorry to hear you had a bad day sad. And you shouldn't feel guilty at all this is an illness & cannot be helped. So try not to be so hard on yourself & keep your chin up smile x
  • Posted

Butterfly1

I know but it is so annoying,put he off going again still nearly shower time and ONSIE another day over. How sad is that LOLxx

• Posted

I know we cannot wait to shut the door & world away in the evening can we & put our pjs on & hide away. I haven't even been dressed so you are doing much better than me smile

Where abouts do you live? x

• Posted

Hi,

I am in Essex,it would be nice to chat if you like but don't put your number in the open form pm me.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.