Please help...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all

Hope you are all managing to stay safe. I have posted a few times before but my anxiety is going crazy again right now.

Last Sept-Dec I had lots of bloody tests which all came back clear thankfully. I was diagnosed with costochondritis. I get pain in my ribs, predominately the right side. But I also get alot of pain in my back.. Sometimes my back pain is more noticeable than the rib pain. My question is.. Does anyone else get back pain with this?? If you do please please can you try and explain what sort of pain you get? Do you get a stabbing pain in a specific spot of your back? Do you get shooting pains down your arms too? It's making my health anxiety go through the roof, telling myself it's nothing to do with costo and i have spinal cancer or something. I have asked alot of times but noone has ever explained their back pain so my mind doesn't get put at ease. I'm so worried.

Thankyou so much in advance x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi

I recently began to have chest pain for about two weeks so i went to see a doctor and he diagnosed me with costochondritis and tietze syndrome , dont worry you are not alone i experience a really bad backache but also its mostly in one spot it seems to be on the spine in the center but i also have shooting pains in my back i also experience extreme pain in both arms i also have a lump on my sternum bone and it also causes me to have shortness of breath its such a horrible , painful thing to go through !

• Posted

hi i think that the condition starts in the rib joints where they attach to the back bone massaging the back i find is beneficial ..... as mid back pain is a feature with me too i sometimes massage using a roller to gently ly back on it to open things up a bit u.

of course it also affects the cartilage where ribs attach to the front of the sternum

• Posted

hi. Sometimes the discomfort i get in my back is worse than that in my chest! It can range from a burning sensation to a winded feeling like I've been hit really hard in the middle of my shoulder blades right in middle of my back. Also very often feel like I've swallowed a big lump! i don't suffer from any pains down my arms though but everyone gets different symptoms. I also suffer a lot from a fast heart rate over 100 a lot of the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.