Please help!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

im writing because im so nervous and lost as to what to do. if you decide to read and comment i want to say thank you so much.

my issue is with my ear. I've always had issues with ear wax impaction. usually every 2 or 3 years id have have it addressed. this sometimes would mean a ear lavage that would force high pressure water in ear and it dislodge large piece of wax and relief as i could hear again. but as i got older i would get dizzy and so stopped with lavage.

anyhow i felt like i was getting muffled hearing again and went to urgent care. they couldn't get it all and sent me to an ENT clinic the next day but i had to see a PA not a dr. the PA couldnt get it all and said the chunk near eardrum was too hard to remove. i was told to use wax softener drops and come back in two days. during those two days i got intense earache like a toothache but in your ear. the pain would come and go throughout the days..this along with the muffled hearing and high pitch ringing was and is driving me crazy.

i went back saw a different PA again no dr. she cleared my eardrum but my hearing was no better and the earaches continued along with ringing. she said to take perscribed drops to treat a possible ear infection of ear canal. that night my ear was dripping clear odorless fluid which freaked me out. so back to clinic to see a 3rd different PA. she tried to explain what she believed was going on. she said the earwax prevented draining and my skin absorbed the fluid cauis canal to swell. she said i did have ear canal infection but didnt see fluid behind my eardrum so middle ear was ok. i was to continue totake drops. well nothing has g.otten better. im scared im leaving it too long like this and permanent damage will happen .not hearing well...ache.. ringing continues and i cant live like this

how long can this go on ..how will it resolve..my canal always feels wet..any advice? thx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.