Please help 12 weeks on meds and still feel rotten.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on venlafaxine 150mg for 12 weeks then upped to 225mg 10 weeks ago and i still feel rubbish. can anyone help me understand why please? I am getting really upset about this .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm on 75 mg venlafaxine took a while to work but I'm fine and functioning normally......maybe they aren't right for you. Something happened couple of months ago and the doc changed me to mirtazapine which made me feel terrible and diazapam which calms you down but gave me blurred vision .

You have to find out what works for you and don't worry there are millions of people coping with stress, anxiety, depression and worse so your not alone.

Hang on there.

• Posted

Hi

Maybe venlafaxine aren't suitable for you, some antidepressants don't have an effect on some people, maybe your doctor could change your prescription and try you on something else. I had tried citalopram first but after 8 weeks I still felt awful and nothing was changing, so doctor changed me to mirtazapine. I have been taking mirtazapine for 3 months now since the beginning of January and I am much improved. You need to find something that works for you, try not to feel like it is starting all over again if you do have to change because it will be worth it when you start to feel well again!

Best wishes smile.

• Posted

Hi sunset, Sorry I have only just seen your replies. I'm still on the venlafaxine but my consulytant has justv adfded 50mgs of quetiapine and also 25mg of valdoxan been taking them aweek but don't see any effect yet. Just feel so diisapponited. 

Regards

• Posted

Hi, sorry I haven't managed to get back to you, I've been having some problems with replying to posts on my mobile, but it's fine on my laptop. Sorry to hear you are disappointed after seeing your doctor, were you hoping for a change of medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.