Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've posted before and been grateful for you advice I'm afraid I need it again.ive been very ill with multiple severe symptoms for 17 months now I suffer 24/7 lightheaded dizzyness chestpain tingling allover my vision is terrible I hurt everywhere severely nausea ect ect.2 weeks ago my doctor took me off my contraception injection I have been worse than ever I have some new symtoms that are really making me feel terrible my breathing is awful yesterday I could hardly breathe I feel phlegmy and keep coughing and my chest feels really tight.my head feels really weird almost like the right side of my brain is not working and I've been able to feel my heart pounding for months and now suddenly I can't feel it as if it's not beating properly.ive also got this really bad jittery feeling inside and feel like I'm shaking internally.im not on any meds tried so many but can't tolerate them.ive seen a cardiologist,neurologist,had a spirometry,chest x ray ,eye hospital ct scan of abdamon 2 MRI all clear.i don't believe this is anxiety surely I wouldn't be this ill 24/7 for 17 months.has anyone else experienced so many constant symptoms for so long xxx I'm also feeling very depressed for the first time xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

For 3 years I have had pain in my chest, muscle twitching, tingling pain and burning in my legs.  I have seen neurologists rheumy and nothing found.  I know you think anxiety won't give you so many problems but believe me it can.  If you focus on these problems they will continue and become worse.  I have had problems on and off for over 40 years.  If after all those tests they would have found something.  I really sympathise with you, I know what you are going through.  Our symptoms are real but bought on by stress and anxiety.  Perhaps CBT would help.  Take care and let me know how you get on
    • Posted

Hi Mary I had cbt but it didn't help I'm now paying for private councilling but I don't think anyone can convince me because I'm so ill so then I'm never going to get better I believe the random people who say it's to extreme for anxiety rather than the profs if only my symptoms would ease I honestly havnt had a good day in 17 months.i have a 5 year old with autism and he is missing out on so much because mummy is to ill to go out and have fun.i do try but feel to ill.take care xxx 
    • Posted

For the last 3 years I thought I had motor neuron disease.  I seem to have all the symptoms and although doctors say I haven't got it I still get all the symptoms.  I am like you I find it hard to be reassured.  It sounds you may have a stressful lifestyle.  My grandson had aspergers, and my grand daughter ADHD.  Keep posting.  Take care
    • Posted

I think you may be right I lost my job oct 31st 2012 I loved my job but had a row with my boss and left I was devastated one week later my son got his diagnosis even though we were expecting it.4 weeks later I got ill.my son has had health issues from the minute he was born I think I've just blanked them out and got on with it but losing the job was my tipping point having said that He is now doing great in mainstream school although he is still very demanding and stressful.i do think of my symptoms 24/7 even if I'm hoovering I'm still thinking of them i suppose that's why they won't go away things are totally unbearable at the moment I've so many awful symptoms xxxx 
    • Posted

Health anxiety can be totally overwhelming and take over your life.  Are you on any medication?  Can you distract yourself.  What do you think is wrong with you.  Don't you think the doctors would have found something by now.  I think we are too aware of our bodily aches an pains.  The more you focus the worse they seem.  Keep posting.  Take care and sleep well
  • Posted

Hi Mango. Yes, I've had all that and all the rest of it as well. It did go on for 15 years with me (don't depair yet) but it did go away in the end. The only reason why it went on so long for me (have you had the teeth chattering yet?) was because I was totally lacking in information on anxiety. It took me a long time, and I've been to every kind of therapy you can think of, to realise that I was always running away from the fear. My mind was scambled and panicky. I just ran. This was totally the wrong way to go. I also hated the anxiety and felt ashamed that I could not control my body. I wanted to be my old self again. I didn't want this experience. I thought I would die. I fought it all the way. this was also the wrong way to go.. The only thing that works is acceptance. Give up the fight. Let go. Just be anxious, it will do you no harm. It just feels intense and uncomfortable for a while. It will certainly pass. Accept that this is how you are at the moment and dont beat yourself up about it. It's ok to feel depressed.
  • Posted

The effects of anxiety really are quite incredible. The power of anxiety is incredible. Those of us who deal with anxiety have a tendency to think internally; we focus too much on every sensation in our body. Many of us are so in tune with our bodies that feel the slightest change. For myself, I'm accutely aware of every part of my body, so when something feels 'off,' I jump to conclusions and focus my thoughts, emotions and energy internally, which exacerbates that 'off' feeling. The more we focus internally, the more heightened everything feels and the harder it is to shift our thoughts, emotions and energy externally. It's terribly frustrating, scary and sad. One of the things I learned while participating in CBT was realistic thinking. This way of thinking really allowed me to see that I overestimate the gravity of what I'm feeling / experiencing and underestimate my ability to cope. Our brains are powerful! I had a lump in my throat for over 6 months. I focused on the feeling day and night. I was sure it was cancer. Long story short, it was a symptom of my anxiety. As soon as this was acknowledged, the lump disappeared. It's hard to imagine that anxiety can create so many unpleasant physical symptoms, but it can, and it does! If you can't tolerate meds, maybe CBT is something to look into. Regardless, Mango6, I do hope so much you start feeling better soon.

• Posted

Thanks everyone I've had cbt but it didn't help and I've tried so many meds over 15 but I can't tolerate them.today I feel awful again.im reading your comments and I know I think about my symptoms all the time regardless as to what I'm doing which isn't very much at the moment I just want to be well and my old happy self.i don't really understand what you mean by acceptance how do I do this when I feel so terrible all the time xxx 
    • Posted

I think the acceptance part is being able to see that what you're experiencing is anxiety, and nothing more. Based on all the tests that have come back negative, maybe it's time to say, 'okay, maybe this is anxiety.' Once that happens, things may begin to change. When I discovered that my sypmptoms were anxiety and nothing 'medical,' I seemed to get a better grip on how to handle myself. Anxiety is terribly unpleasant...in fact, it's downright horrible; however, it cannot hurt you! Everyone experiences it, but we're a special group of people whose anxiety is just a bit more jacked up (unfortunately, all the time). I think that if you're able to recognize that what you're experiencing is anxiety, you could be on your way to recovery. Remind yourself that what you're feeling is anxiety and nothing more. You have total control of what you think about, so force yourself to think externally. When your thoughts go back to anxiety, gently pull yourself away from thinking internally through deep breathing and reminders that anxiety, although a terrible feeling, isn't dangerous. People with anxiety tend to overestimate the gravity of the situation (what we're feeling, thinking, etc.) and underestimate our ability to cope. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.