please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

well its good to hear about the wieght that everyone has lost and are still losing im still looking for help has to why i still havent lost any wieght have been on these tabs for around 4 month now , i go to the gym 4 times aweek and i really do watch what i eat and still no wieght off can anyone please help have been back to the doctors and he says has long as im not gaining its all right any surgestions welcome , i do have a thyroid problem mine dosent work but if the meds i take are keeping it at the right level then surly i should lose wieght

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

how is your calorie intake? do u drink much alcohol? when you go to the gym what do u do - cardio, weights...

other than the above i cant think of any good reason for not loosing weight if you're eating well

• Posted

do find it odd that the Dr has said that and it's truly unhelpful.

I personally would see if I could have a work with another GP at the surgery and make sure they are aware of all medication you are taking. Also do you have a mentor at the gym you could also ask questions about ?

• Posted

hi i do both cardio and wieghts , and yes i have a mentor at the gym , who is very good , my calorie intake is around the 1200 mark and i dont drink
  • Posted

don't know if this will help but I was told not to bother with counting the calories but just to stick to the fat guidelines.

maybe you could try that for a week and see what happens ??

• Posted

you've said your doing weights, i would concentrate on the cardio side of it, the weights might be building up muscle which is compensating for you weight loss. do you feel any different? more toned prehaps.

a x

• Posted

my trainer at the gym has got me on cardio only until i have lost a decent amount of weight, then the weights to tone up after
  • Posted

thank you to you all , but no differance to my inches or body tone i am getting really fed up with this problem , i do every thing right and still nothing , i have the symptons that eveyone talks about so surely things should be moving

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.