Please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I'm looking for advice and reassurance. 

Around 3/4 months ago I started to feel really unwell. It started off with a kidney infection and since then I've been in pain almost every day. I've had numerous blood tests and the only thing that has come up is low vitamin D. 

I have a bad habit of googling my symptoms, that's what has brought me to this site. I'm just wondering if my symptoms sound like fibro?

Left side pain, feels like it's under the ribs but radiates around the whole area. I have this pain almost every single day and it's worse when I'm sitting/laying down. 

Nausea 

Lower/mid back pain

Shoulder pain

Neck pain

Blurred vision 

Abdominal discomfort 

Hip pain

That's off the top of my head, it's hard to keep track off the many different aches and pains. I'm booked in for an ultrasound scan of my abdomen which I'm really scared about, I fear they will find something serious.

Thanks for reading. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, could be Fibro, you're best chacked out by the GP. Good Luck
  • Posted

Yes it defo sounds like fibro  do you get lots of headachs as well hun
  • Posted

fear makes everthing worse although i do know thru experience that its hard to control. it certainly sounds as if the infection has triggered some thing like fibro

of in your body .i get pains all over ,even in my stomach so dont worry to much the slightest pressure will start the pain of . in me.  so lying down and sitting for anylenght of time is painfull.

theres at least 26 listed symptoms connected to fibro . including all over body pain,sweats, jaw and headaches , dizziness, nausea,ibs, etc .theres can all flare together under extreme pressure, or you can have any number of them at any one time . 

so basicly try to avoid getting stressed hun it will only make things alot worse all round.smile 

• Posted

Get your gut healthy and detox. You sound just like I did 4 months agobI could swear I had some organ dying but its your gut.

As long as your medical testing is normal and it's all "just" symptoms, then this is my gift to you....detox, detox, detox. Poop 3-4 times a day.

I have a TON of advice, but only if you want it. 

• Posted

Dear Lucyseven,

I am sorry you are having such a rotten time at present with so many symptoms.  It is good that you are having an ultrasound scan,  there is nothing worse for health than being left in suspense worrying. Try to keep a calm mind, that should help, and I hope the pains will get less for you. Good luck for the scan

• Posted

Thanks so much for the replies, really appreciate it. 

I'ts just so frustrating being poorly and not knowing what's wrong. I am trying to stay positive but it's hard sometimes. 

Shirley - fortunately I don't suffer with headaches, I never have. I can probably count on one hand how many headaches I've had in my life, and they most likely had something to do with alcohol!

Nitropilot - I would be grateful for any advice. I've asked different doctors if they think it could be something to do with my stomach/digestive system, but they seem to think it's musculoskeletal. I'm not convinced. 

My ultrasound scan is tomorrow evening, so I will post an update on how I get on. 

Thanks again, I feel more positive just for reading the replies. 

• Posted

Just a quick update on this. 

I went for a scan last week and that was all clear, so that's good. The lady mentioned that I will most likely be sent for a camera next. I haven't heard back from my doctor yet though. 

I felt like I was improving, had a fairly decent week but the past couple of days haven't been so good. Today I have all the same pains from before, I'm feeling quite down about it all. 

3 months in and still no diagnosis. I'll try to remain positive. 

• Posted

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say the uncertainty is stressing you out? You think about what is ie isnt going to happen all day and/or the thoughts keep you up at night? That and doing too much physically can cause a flare up. From experience, BELIEVE ME, figure out how to relax & don't let your brain control you. And don't go crazy when you do feel good, that always ends in disaster. Lol
  • Posted

Hi all,

Sorry to bump this thread, just wanted to ask a quick question. 

I am still trying to get a diagnosis, I have an appointment next week with an orthopaedic physio practitioner, just wondering if anybody knows anything about this? I don't really know what to expect and I'm quite anxious about it. 

Thanks. 

• Posted

i cant answer your question as iv never seen one. 

but i know about anixety ,when you feel it building up , just say in your head firmly. NO NO NO . THEN BREATH IN DEEPLY VISULISE A TREES OR LAKES OR A BEACH , A FAVERITE PLACE , HOLD BREATH OUT SLOWLY WITH A SMILE , AND THEN DISTRACT YOUR SELF BY DOING SOMETHING ELES , you do feel a bit silly the first couple of times but when you notice it working its not a problem . 

and good luck 

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply tiswas. smile

I have a similar technique when I feel a panic attack coming on. Sometimes it works and I am able to distract myself, other times it's too consuming to ignore. Great advice though, thanks again. Take care x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.