please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All, I really appreciate all your time and comments. I have ment

oned my symptoms below, please forgive my English, as I am not good at it. I am 31 yr old male.

1. Upper back pain and neck pain started around June 2015 with numbness in right hand little finger and right leg little finger, calves

2. Rheumatologist visited June-Jul 2015, all reports normal, does not indicated as rheumatologist related disease. Tried different mattress, did not help

3. Increased numbness, tingling in right portion, finger, face, eye, leg

4. Visited Neurologist Aug 29 2015, extreme weakness started on labor day weekend and continued, felt more on right hand side, appetite reduced resulted in weight loss. General check up was fine

5. Completed MRI for Neck and brain, all reports normal

.6. Did Blood tests for B12 and possible Viral infection. B12 reports normal.

7 Took Neurobion forte (B12), weakness gets better and increases hunger but still now feeling more weakness, numbness in right and left hand fingers in Morning, stiffness in finger while writing and typing

.8. Stiffness in fingers and shoulders getting tired while holding phone for long

9. Stiffness has increased a bit in fingers, wrist and little in feet and feet fingers. Sometimes difficulty in typing, wrist feels tight while moving

10. Numbness in left hand, 2 left most finger(little finger and ring finger) while waking up in the morning

11. Upper back pain is constant, but the pain increase or decreases

12. EMG test of right hand and right leg normal

13. Feel pain mostly in fingers in hand and and legs in morning, which improves as day progress. Also feel fatigue in morning

14. Tremor inside body sometimes

15. Having little slur or lisp (not exactly sure hiw slur speach sounds) in speech, not sure if this happens in FibroDoc prescribed me Cymbalta and wants me to see him back in a month

.16. Also I feel constant fatigue or weak after 12 hrs of taking cymbalta and b12 My neurologist says it is Fibro. But not sure. Please helpSorry for a long post. Thanks a lot in advance

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time getting a diagnosis. I'm also in a similar position, and after many tests which were all normal, I still have no answers. I have many of your symptoms, and have done since May of this year, after I was in hospital with pneumonia. I know you have been to a Rheumy already, but have you had you rheumatoid factor tested? I spent some time recently thinking I may have rheumatoid arthritis but after tests, my doctor said not. I have a friend who has fibromyalgia and a lot of her symptoms are identical to mine. I'm seeing my doctor again on Tuesday so I will be asking him about it. I really hope you get some answers soon. Keep going until you do. All the best, take care, Faye.
    • Posted

Hi Faye, thanks a lot for your reply. Sorry to jear that you are also going through all this. I also have a Neuro appointment on 18th. My rheumatologist did the blood work couple of months back, that was before all these symptoms started, will set up an appointment again just to make sure. Let me know what you find with your appointment.
    • Posted

Hi. Yes I will let you know how I get on at the doctors. Would you please let me know how things go with you too? Take care, Faye.
    • Posted

Good luck with your appointment. Take care
  • Posted

I'm not a Dr...but I am going thru the same things as you are...and the Neurologist and the Rheumatologist are there to do tests for process of elimination.  I know that if you have been thru all of their tests (they check for arthritis indicators in blood, they check for more serious illnesses..like lupus, connective tissue disorders, immune disorders, lyme disease, etc)....And only after they have scientifically ruled all of those out...I believe Fibro is their only answer.

Have they given you the advice to exercise?  I can hardly wait for that advice..LOL.  I have a suspect ANA test (which shows inflammation in body)....So, if all my Rheumatolgoist blood tests come back normal....than I am assuming that they are going to tell me it is Fibro as well.  My mother has Fibro.

And then I read the therapy for Fibro....they don't like giving anyone pain medication and they swear by exercise and eating properly...Wonderful....just great....I'm not a drug addict...but it would be nice to take a pill...have the pain subside and then possibly I would FEEL like exercising.

• Posted

What I was trying to say in my rant...was that since you have been to proper Drs for the symptoms you are having...I have to ASSUME they have ruled out all of the autoimmune diseases that attack our bodies and bring us pain in joints and muscles...and that your Fibro diagnosis...is probably accurate.
    • Posted

Hi Missy, thanks for your reply and sorry was away from internet for a whiel so was late in replying. This is my second neuro, the 1st one did not give me any diagnosis other than saying may be hyper active nerve. I had my blood work done and the rheumatologist said nothing there, so than I went to this 2nd neuro which said it is fibro, as MRI, EMG and blood reports were normal. He precsribed Cymbalta, which does helps me a little get over my fatigue, I am meeting him on 18th so will keep you posted
    • Posted

Hmmm...I'm not to fond of my first Neuro either....but I am seeing a Rheumatolgist on Thursday....because I do have a high ANA..but they might rule out everything else and point me back to Fibro as well.

Yes, keep me posted...and thanks for the reply.

Glad you feel a little better.

• Posted

Hi all, does anyone feel tingling and feel like shaking, due to which there I problem typing or walking?
    • Posted

Hi. Yes I have like an internal tremor. You can't see it on the outside bit I feel it on the inside. Sometimes my hands are a bit shakey. I get a tingling sensation too. Mainly in my feet. Have you had any answers yet? Take care, Faye x
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Faye. I am going to the doctor tomorrow will let you guys know what he has to say. I am sure he is going to say it happens in Fibromyalgia, but lets see.Did you see your doctor yet?
    • Posted

Yes let us know how you get on. Yes I saw my Dr. He wants to see me in a month and we will discuss fibromyalgia. He didn't want to label me with it there and then. He has said for now it could be post viral illness/ M.E. (I had pneumonia in May). Take care. Faye.
    • Posted

Hopefully yours is just post viral illness. Take care smile
    • Posted

Thankyou. All the best to you. I just hurt all over every day. When will we ever get some definite answers 😞 Take care, Faye x
    • Posted

Thank you Faye, ya I kniw it is frustrating,lets hope for the best smile
    • Posted

Hi Guys, did meet my doctor yesterday. Nothing new I heard, so will continue with cymbalta for another month and meet the doc after a month. I will have my MRI for back and blood work in January
    • Posted

Hi. Hopefully you will get some answers in January after your MRI and bloodwork. 😊 Take care, and please let us know how it goes in January. Faye x
    • Posted

Sure Faye will do thank you. I am been wring in saying that I have been tingling, I wanted to say tiklish. I feel tiklish inside.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.