please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

i i am 45 this comming april, last year i had a scary attack at work, cut a story short i was diagnosed with AF and overactive thyroid, i am on Flecainide x2 daily,Carbimazole and Citalopram, i gained a stone in weight during last year,usually a 10/12 now an uncomfortable 14 at 11st. I am finding my feet and accepting what i have, but the last 2/3 weks my breast are so tender, thinking about periods i have had one small one in a year, i am experiencing stomach cramps and back ache all the time, generally feel exhausted all the time and quite frankly fed up, the boob pain is annoying, i feel like this past 6 months ive been bombarded with all this, cramps in the feet and ankles, upset stomach, hot when i should feel cold,my scalp is itchy, havent slept without waking for years....i cant stand the weight gain and feeling frumpy and tired....also embarrassingly i have had itching in my nether regions 3 times in the last few months too...i need shooting i think x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you feel so uncomfortable and having all these physical problems! Sounds like you've been feeling miserable! What is a stone? I know it is some amt of wt, we use pounds and ounces, I'll have to convert on google, easier eh?
  • Posted

think the itching may be down to dryness, try some pessaries for this, get them online, everything you have mentioned we have all had at some point whilst on the menopause, so, your not alone, it will get better, but when differs from woman to woman.. 
    • Posted

Thanks Elaine, ive had advice from work collegues etc.,..and yes we all have the same symptoms and then again all slightly different, thanks for the reply x
  • Posted

It's the medication making you gain weight, particularly the citalopram and carbemazepine. I had to take those two. The carbemazepine didn't agree with me gave me awful diahorea. But I put on a lot of weight with them even so.

I've also had on and off the itchy scalp I found using baby shampoo helped a bit with that. Apart from that I get itching it can be anywhere down below around the stretch marks on both hips and my lower legs are the worst but it can be anywhere. I have found it best not to scratch if possible. As once I start it just gets worse to the point I often scratch til it is bleeding. Much worse ask that if I'm hot.

I'm on HRT but it hasn't changed the itching so far worked brilliant for my sleep but only for the first week now it's gone back to worse than useless again. I'm so tired I've had sleep problems so long now I worry it will never change. Up all night Sunday night couldn't get off until after 3 lady night then ended up sleeping until 4 PM. I've tried all the usual for this chamomile tea is my next thing I have tried it before a few years ago but I'm just going over all the remedies again 5htp over the past week and still taking magnesium all the time because that is supposed to help and can't do any harm to carry on with.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply and you have my sympathy....oh to be a woman eh....hope you too feel better soon....x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.