Please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have noticed in my today's stool some tiny red spots that are solid. Had tomatoes few days ago and also noticed a piece of undigested tomato. I am worried its blood. Can it be blood ? I have been suffering from health anxiety for years and each day i am worried that i have a different type of cancer. Is that blood ? It makes me crazy i cant think anymore

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it's blood. If you were bleeding internally it would be black and sticky. If you had bleeding from a hemorrhoid it would be red. It's black tary stools that are worrisome. You should make a appointment with your doctor and get a complete physical, to put your mind at ease.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I would to add that they were very tiny as the head of a needle. I also had symptoms such as flatulence and upset stomach. My doctor said it's nothing to worry about but what i saw today scared me so much
  • Posted

Tomato skin is harder to digest. I hope that's what it was. I agree with Melinda, you should schedule a Dr's appointment just to be on the safe side
  • Posted

Try not to worry. Have you been constipated at all?? Sometimes peoplhave a little blood on there stools if it's cut them slightly. It can be as tiny as that and cause blood o the outside of stools.
  • Posted

May I ask, why you started having anxiety of your health? Did you have a bad health scare? I worry about my health also, I fear I'm going to die. For me it comes from my recurrent pulmonary embolisms. I see a counselor who's been a lot of help. My pulse is always near 100 and numerous doctors have told me my stress/anxiety is slowly killing. It's like having anxiety over anxiety. It's a vicious circle. Don't ignore your mental health, it is important. I know I don't want to live in fear.
  • Posted

hi ada..if you are suffering from internal hemmorhage it would be browm or black residue in the stool..however if there is really blood,fresh blood,there mught be lacerations in the rectal area due to passing of hard stool..are you constipated? if you think that you have wound in the stoamch try to take fennel and cardamon.. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.