Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

So its 4:30am, I have been awake since 4am and as soon as I opened my eyes I could feel my heart pounding, the feeling of unsteadiness in my legs, the tightness in my throat.

I feel that bad I'm convinced there is something seriously wrong with me, there has to be something wrong with my heart.

I was so close to calling an ambulance but then watched something on my phone and instantly my heart doesn't feel as bad as it did etc!!

The rational side of me is like so it is just anxiety but when ur in the throes of it I find it really bloody hard to justify it.

Does anyone else feel this way?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This isn't what your going to want to hear but it's just anxiety. I had an episode like that and even bf I drove myself to hospital I said it's prolly just anxiety and it ended up being that. They did an ecg test on me and it was fine so.

Sucks it woke u up. I normally sleep fine.

Hang in there!!

• Posted

All the time, Helen. I have learned after enough near ER visits that it is anxiety. You have found a distraction that shifts your attention very quickly. Good for you. A terrific thing is that you can always have your phone with you to short circuit those scary anxiety instances. Hugs
  • Posted

I'm not so bad now Helen but when i am in the height of my anxiety yes yes yes. Ive been on medication now since March and I am on an even keel at the moment its the most horrid sensation and the scariest. one night I had palpitations for over two hours I thought my heart was going to give up. the lump in the throat is your stomachs way of saying "we are in the flight of fight mode" and the "lump in the throat is to stop food going down as in caveman times this is what happened when they were ready to fight, or flight they wouldnt eat so they had an empty stomach so it was easier to fight or fly. yes your mind goes crazy you have a rational part of the brain and the irrational part fighting against each other. its good when you are like that to find something quickly to focus on well done because that to, is very hard. I am on beta blockers which helps I also have a brown bag handy to blow in to. it will pass my lovely also bachs rescue remedy helps you can get it in any health shop or places like boots or chemists and can take it as often as you like also chamomile tea especially at night helps keep strong my lovely 

• Posted

Thank u so much for ur reply sue.

I'm really pleased that your doing ok.

I feel better reading people's posts so I'm hoping I shall get back to where I was before it reared its ugly head again. I called the docs yesterday and they have prescribed me beta blockers also so I'm hoping I can collect those today and see if it helps as I'm still sure I can feel my heart thumping which then leads into further panic doesn't it?

We are all just stuck in a vicious circle, only when we have good periods the circle is a bit bigger so it takes longer to get to the bad phase again.

I wish u well and send lots of hugs xxx

• Posted

When it flares up its really sucks! No doubt there. I dont have the heart part i have other stuff with ears and sounds and sensitivety to sound i can not stand it. Maybe some weird form of migrane but the anxiety triggers. I am in it last couple of days. I keep repeating to myself been here before and it passes, it will,pass. I just want it to pass already lol. It always passes and that means soon when it does i will get good times and im looking forward to the good times. It does seem  go in these cycles. So relief is in the way...eventually. i cant use meds because if my ailments which sucks for me. I am allowed emergency xanax. I took one yesterday. Im going to try and keep busy today. Oh i so understand and wish we all just healed from this mess. Dont even bother justifying it just say this will pass it always does. Feel better
    • Posted

The only thing i feel i blaming is my diet was terrible the past week in a half and it got me. Ate whatever i wanted as was at two different parties and ate lots of very tasty but horrible foods. So i figure five days start to finsih and this should pass cause thats how long it stays in the body from the science end lol. A pediatricia told me that when my eldest had issues with formula. I hold that dear to my heart as im going thru this. Somehow for me anyway diet plays a big role. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.