Please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im a 41 year old male i have been through some really bad times last couple months losing my business my jouse my relationship and its affected my health so bad started with anxiety attacks and then not.wanting to go out at all ,i had a minor episode of standing up to quick and my siggt went dark for few seconds which i know is fine as been told by doctor ,i now have this constant and i mean constant fear of going blind its crippling me im on medication and doctor said the thought will pass when anxiety goes but im scared im causung anxiety. my self with this worry my eye sight.is fine but my. mental state is not as its making me think this all the time im back with my mum which is more. comfortable than being on my own in a rented room but its not the original issues that are bothering me its this constant fear of going blind please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

At our age, we ARE getting worse vision for sure!  I am right around your age, and I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and it's funny (and not funny) but I have been having moments of fear about my vision too.  I find that looking at computer screens is a little less crisp than it used to be but guess what? I'm getting OLD! HA! My eye doctor already told me my "focus" was starting to get worse, which is normal for 40s. The sight going dark is a symptom of stress and getting up to fast and probably you are not eating well and your body is weak from stress.  I practically ruined my families Christmas one year becasue I was in that place you are at now. It IS stress and rightfully so.  You are allowed to be stressed but you don't have to suffer.  Get an appointment ASAP to get medication for your anxiety and then you will be able to focus on what it is that you need to do to get your life back. It will be amazing the clarity you will have once you can get past the stress.

• Posted

A drop in blood pressure causes what you experienced. Its common. Dont create something more sinister. Its bad for the mind and the body. I have eye ailments dont prophesize them upon yourself they suck. 
  • Posted

Lucky your at home with money give your your responsibility are rest for now till u get better if dr said eyes are fine than I guess they r
  • Posted

Hi Darren.

Do not let your ansiety govern you, you know is ansiety, you are not getting blind, is just your brain freeking you out. Avoid caffeine, sugars, sodas, eat low sodium food, homemade is the best, and drink chamomile tea, it's amazing how chamomile will relax you, try to go outside, see the sun, enjoy the air in your face, hear the sound of the leaves when air pass by, walk a lot, against your wish, but you will feel better. In this case, I think medicine and therapy will help you a lot, and of course, nothing better than your mum to help you, look for friends.

I am 41, and suffer from panics attacks, depression and ansiety, I had 3 bad months, I thought I'll never feel myself again, 2 weeks with medication and I am able to do shopping without panic attacks, I know the feelings you are having, rest a lot.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I had my eyes checked a couple months ago and they were fine its me telling my self somerhing gonna go wrong i hate this feeling its awful i cant even walk to the shops without pannicking about it or go anywhere for thst matter ive booked in for councekling and im on pillls but it just makes me not wanna go out atm but i do force my self but ts so hard it really is the mind plays tricks so much its brutal
  • Posted

darren

Do you feel getting your eyes tested may help you. The tests these days include more tests than they used to. You are allowed tests every one or two years. It may help you understand that no damage is there and then you could move on.

I go once a year in the UK, every two years they perform a 3d test to each eye and check your depth of field and eye pressure etc, it may put your mind at rest

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.