Please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I've been dealing with HS for about 4 years

I'm 23 and i have a very bad condition on my left and right groin and my left armpit

My surgery is this Thursday

My doctor will leave the scars open without filling them with anything

How much do you think i need time to recover?

Im really worried about it

N

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie. What kind of surgery are you having? 
    • Posted

Hello Amy it's stephanie i had to change the username

I'm having surgical incisions removing it but withiut skin graft

The body will heal on it's own so I'm really worried anout the pain and the recovery time after it

• Posted

Hello Stephanie, i had this type of operation 23yrs ago, mine took a few weeks to start healing, for the first week after the op the nurse would come in and change the dressings, then i was able to do it myself.

It was great after everything healed over, no more abscesses, then about 6yrs later i got that feeling again and sure enough it came back, this much worse. i found a surgeon who then removed all the infected places and then skin grafted it over. I have now been free for nearly 20yrs.

I do not want to put a downer on your op, everyone is different so you may well stay clear of it coming back, i really hope so.

• Posted

Thanks a lot james

Well it would be great if I'll be free for 6 years

I keep having breakouts

It's really bad

• Posted

Stephanie,

I have had several surgeries, for HS, with the wounds left open. Be sure to keep the area clean and covered. Microsyn is a spray, ask your doctor for it. It speeds up the healing of healthy tissue. It should take 4-6 weeks to heal completely. You'll have a scar, but the pain from surgery is nothing compared to the pain of HS. Good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Posted

Lance and pack surgery made mine worse long term, but the medium term relief can be worth it.

I would try kenalog injections before surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.