Please Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

A year or so ago I woke up in excrucitting pain and it never seemed to go away. I have been through so many tests and doctors to no avail. A few days ago, I ended up in the er because of another flare. I had lost 8 pounds within a few days and was barely able to drink because of the pain. 

It started as pain all over my abdomen. I would get horrible pain when trying to eat, and my lower stomach.... I would feel a horrible pain all over along with dirreaha. My tests only came back showing blood in my upper stomach. (It was bleeding for some reason). But the gi had no clue as to why I keep getting dirreaha.

To put it simply, I have had nonstop dirreaha for a year now. It is foul and usually has bloody mucus. I have done many things to try and stop it, like diet changes, cutting out certain foods and none have helped. I tried medication like Immodium and it didn't help.

I have to eat near constantly, and I always feel hungry. I eat 6-8 meals a day and if I eat any less I drop weight. 

Tests and procedures I have had are: Stool samples, scopes, antibiotics, X-rays, CT scans, and some blood work.

Symptoms: Fatigue, unrelenting abdominal pain that wakes me, blood in stool, joint pain, random bruising during periods, constant spasms on my right side bellow belly button, and dirreaha (I am also suspected to have endometrosis; but I doubt those symptoms are necessary to mix into this)

I don't know what to do anymore and I am extremely depressed. I am unable to function and constantly need help. It's taken a big toll on my family. All the doctors in my area, have run all the tests they can and are unwilling to go any further or do anything to help. My family is considering sending me out of state. But we don't know where to go. Do any of you know anything? This pain is unmanagable. I end up in the er screaming. I have had pysch evals and they keep pushing me back to the doctors. The doctors run the same tests over and shrug. But... this is my life we are talking about. I can't keep going like this. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ho Roois

Have you had an Endoscopy to investigate what is going on in your colon and bowel...you mention all other tests except Endoscopy...you may have Diverticulitis which causes considerable pain , bleeding and diahorrea .....if you have not had this test then request one.....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Roois

Also i meant to mention Colonoscopy as well as Endoscopy to investigate your digestive system snd colon and bowels...you say 'scopes' dies the include and endo and colonoscopy...also have yiu kept a foid disry to see what may be food triggers for your symptoms...it could be certain foods you may be eating.....have you tried changing your diet to gluten free lactofree caffeine free and wheat free no spicey or fried foods no fizzy drinks plenty if water..chicken fish veggies fruit no citrus.....

• Posted

Spell check..'have you kept a food diary'...sorry!!

• Posted

Yep, I have cut out all those things. Have also cut out dairy and fruits. My symptoms kept up. I have kept a food diary and have gone over it many times with a doctor, and they haven't been able to find any correlation whatsoever. The dirreaha is nonstop no matter what I do or eat.

• Posted

Hi Roois

Have you been tested for viruses?....if left undetected viruses can cause a lot of adverse effects....i see you have had antibiotics but they would not eradicate viruses.....perhaps you should have another colonscopy and endoscopy out of state incase something has been missed....just to get a second opinion...obviously something is causing these awful symptoms...you cannot go on like that....best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.