Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started about 6 weeks ago . I felt i had a lump in my throat . I can eat and drink fine but sometimes i can bring mouthfuls of food back up . It feels as though half way down into my stomach around my breast boe it hurts . Ive looked it up and it says can be caused by reflux but i dont have heartburn . Other thing it said was signs of cancer so now im freaking out . Can anyone help put my mind at rest .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol,

Those are symptoms of gerd.  A common misconception is that gerd always involves heartburn, I have it and never have heartburn.  Of coure it's possible it your symptoms could involve other things too - and regardless of what it is you should see a doctor immediately.  But I sure wouldn't jump to the worst case scenario of cancer when there are other much more likely causes!

Untreated gerd can increase the risk of cancer, so that's another reason to see a doctor.  I don't mean to scare you, again, these are gerd symptoms. I'm just saying don't put off seeing a doctor.

• Posted

I don't know about sore ribs but I know that it can cause discomfort below the breast bone.

• Posted

Why should people help you people are not even ansewring my post that i posted up about GI cocktails come on am i invisible here don't i count why do people answer other peoples post and not mine come on now why should people help you when they go and skip my post and go to other people posts this is ridiculus i had my post up there just as long as you did and people just plain ignore my post come on here this makes me feel very crummy that nobody has answered to my post about GI cocktails 

come on this makes me feel very depressed so why should people help you and skip helping me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.