Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Monday I had a very hard and painful BM (it had been about 3 days since I had gone) and I’m pretty sure that I now have a fissure and a hemorrhoid. I have gone a couple of times since then but the pain is so intense that I end up yelling and crying. I have been taking stool softeners since Monday and attempted an enema yesterday. Right now my body wants to go to the bathroom but whenever I go in there and the process begins the pain is so intense that I just stop. Advice on how to ease this pain? I’ve been using prep H, Walgreens anorectal cream, tried Tucks but that seemed to irritate more, and warm water soak last night. I’m willing to do anything at this point. This has been by far the worst and most painful experience of my life. Way worse than kidney stones

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Holly it probably goes without saying but you need to keep your BMs as soft as possible by drinking loads of water (I drink about 4 litres a day) and plenty fruit and vegetables. I eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day. Switching to whole grain bread, pasta and rice etc as well as eating plenty fruit and veg can also help increase your fibre and ensure you don’t suffer from constipation which will make things a million times worse. Take a few sitz baths a day as this increases blood flow to the area and helps the healing process. If you increase your water and fruit and veg intake and still feel like this isn’t helping the pain, a lot of people have found movicol (US) or laxido (UK) sachets help make BMs soft enough. This is a laxative but not a stimulant laxative, it just works by absorbing more water in to your BM, just like stool softeners. This worked wonders for me. 

I hope this helps! Fissures are absolutely awful things and you are certainly not alone in going through this!

• Posted

Hi Holly. Laxido, one sachet every day, Magnesium Citrate tablets 500 mg twice a day. Every day, make bm very easy, get from amazon. Totally safe.

Leave the creams alone, they will irritate you, just shower and use water, no soap. Use wet toilet wipes for sensitive skin. If you can, use glycerin suppositories, from any chemist, they will help you.

• Posted

It was excruciating pain for months but my fissure is healing now. 2-3 liters of water a day, 3 bananas everyday and a few cups of apple sauce, activia makes a patriotic yogurt drink, drink 2 a day, dulcoease stool softeners, 2 a day with at least 8 ounces of water. I stopped eating berries and beef, very light on cheese. I started getting better. This took about a mile to to start feeling better but I kept at it everyday. I had the pooping glass feeling and the terrible spasms for the rest of the day. I'm like 90% better now. Surgeon said Ill be healed within a few weeks. Didn't have surgery, but had made an appointment while I was still in crazy pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.