Please Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was dx with graves. I started a very low dose of Methimazole (2.5) on Wednesday, yesterday which was Saturday I forgot to take my Rx. I started sweating profusely, started getting shaky, cold and clammy and extremely uncomfortable. Light bulb went off.... I took my rx and rested with an hour I felt better. Today I woke made sure to take my rx, I am getting dizzy when I get up and my stomach is a little funny. I am on such a low dosage of Methimazole, can it be effecting like this? Will this go away?

Thanks

Kathy

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Stuck with it Luvvie ... if you read the side effects that may calm you ... it can make folk a little queasy I believe  .. I had no real symptoms with it !

And I started at 20mg per day 

Then after a while 10 MG then down to 5 MG 

It took up to 5/6 months but hey it works ... For  most of us !

Then your awful hellish symptoms of Graves will start to disappear gradually ...

Your symptoms you mention are pretty much what most people experience with Graves .... and certainly for most of us  ... considerably even more 

Try to relax and be kind to yourself ..   print out your last blood results for us to give further advice 

Best of luck

Mx🌹

• Posted

T4 8.9 ..    .range (4.5-12)

thyroxine 1.40...   (0.82-1.77)

triiodothyronine 165 (71-180)

tsh <0.005.  (0.450-4.500)

thyroglobulin 19.7     (0.0-0.9)

thyrotropin receptor ab serum 3.05. (0.00-1.75)

thyroid Stim immunoglobulin 2.13.  (0.00-0.55)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.