Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm currently on 150 mg extended release and mostly it works fine but I have periods that last for about a week when I feel down for no apparent reason, I'm wondering if I need to up my dose to 225mg, you're experience and advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

don;t need a reason.. sometimes u just are tired and your blaming it on the meds..   if you feel good at 150mg but you think its going to last longer then a week then call your doctor..  you just might be really burned out and need some rest..  that is the reason   maybe..    
  • Posted

Hi Robert, I'm going thru the same thing right now. Underlying anxiety on 75 mg. I'm also menopausal, which lol, not what your going thru. Apparently it's a contributing factor for women. I'm thinking about increasing to 150. Scared to though. I'm hoping this will pass, trying to watch my diet, and I was walking 3 miles every other day, praying a lot, going to church, I've slacked off the walking a bit, well a lot, and I feel restless. The anxiety in my chest is bearable, but it's the thoughts that creep in that wear me out emotionally and physically.

Honestly think if I get back to regular exercise and a routine, it'll resolve. This might work for you too. We have to be consistent in everything we do to manage all of the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Good luck and God bless you. Let me know how your doing.

• Posted

Hi Tammy, thanks for your reply, I hope I can be of help to you, I was on 75 for anxiety and depression, things would be ok for a while and then I'd have a few days where they weren't, I upped to 150 with very little side effects and only for a few days. It really did help. I'm going through the same and that's why I'm thinking of upping to 225, which I believe is still on the moderate side. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Robert. I'm currently taking 150 also and thinking of upping to 225, I have the script already but scared to take the increase. Did you go upto 225? If so I'm curious as to what side effects you may have? 150 worked for me for a while for depression, never really worked for my anxiety though. Do you take it for anxiety or just depression?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.