PLEASE HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered from GAD and Panic Disorder for a few months now. I have had horrible symptoms. I started taking Zoloft and Buspar and it seemed to have helped for a bit. But. Last night, my grandmother (whom I live with) had a massive heart attack. I was with her when it started. Needless to say, I've probably had the WORST panic I've ever had. She has stabilized and is doing better, but I'm suffering. Of course I've been with her most of the time, but my anxiety has gotten to the point where it feels like I'll have a heart attack. Seeing it was so terrifying. I'm so dizzy, on the verge of vomiting constantly, cant sleep but am exhausted, cant eat, chest pain, sharp head pains, acid reflux, pain down my left arm, tingles in extremities, breathlessness, plus soooo much more. I went to the doctor today, and he didn't seem worried. I've also had very many tests done in the past few months for my heart and nothing came up. But I'm so scared of everything right now I cant deal with this. My heart rate wont slow down and has been elevated since the incident. I domt know what to do.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm really struggling.

• Posted

Hi my gma recently passed away two months ago from cardiac arrest and I was so shocked and numb. Now I’m a panicky wreck. I panic over little things because of my excessive anxiety I always think there is something wrong with me. Trust me your are not alone. All of my test came back okay as well. The thoughts in your head really try to tell you that there is something wrong. I really hope things get better soon 
    • Posted

They gave me Zoloft too but the anxiety is so bad that I don’t want to take it...it sounds backwards but it’s the thoughts 
  • Posted

I get the same symptoms! I'm lightheaded 24/7 but it peaks during the night. It feels like I'm in a dream. Chest pains + left arm pain that scares me a lot. I feel weak as the day gets older. But my doctor has cleared off any chances of heart diseases but I know it's hard to be convinced, when you're already getting so many symptoms. Whenever there's this chest pain and arm pain together, I feel so panicky and I'm off the seat. I know it's hard and even im struggling but you're fine . All your tests came normal . Plus doctors are trained and they can very easily detect whether it's a heart problem or anxiety. I know it must have degraded the quality of your life. But don't worry! We will walk this out together!! Lots of love.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.