Please Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

HAVING A REALLY BAD DAY WITH CONTINUAL MONO-LIKE SYMPTOMS. IM ON MONTH 3 and it has been hell. MONO HAS NEVER BEEN DIAGNOSED BUT FEELING JUST AWFUL with tremendous nausea, fatigue, and a general feeling of being unwell. REALLY DOWN TODAY. does anyone else have this? WITHOUT A CLEAR DIAGNOSIS?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It all sounds very familiar, except I do have a diagnosis. At month 3, I was still in a pretty bad spot, too. It will get better.

Have you asked your doctor to do blood work so you are able to have a diagnosis?

• Posted

when did you start feeling better? this is horrible.

• Posted

My journey has been completely up and down, with my first symptom 6.5 months ago. It was about the 4 month mark when I started seeing significant improvement. Even today, I still have bad days.

It took a month and 4 doctor visits to get a diagnosis. I was glad I did though, as I couldnt imagine this journey without a confirmed diagnosis. I would have continued to think the worst. If you can, get a diagnosis so you are certain what you are dealing with.

• Posted

Hoping so much Lisa that some people who felt or feel similar without a diagnosis can come forward and share their stories and offer some words of hope and reassurance. I was lucky when I had it that after about a month of feeling unwell I got diagnosed after a blood test but of course I know not everyone gets it diagnosed, especially if they don't get a blood test within the first month or so of feeling unwell.

Have you asked your doctor Lisa if the blood test showed if you have had a previous exposure / infection with the EBV virus? I think that is one of the main things they can tell from a routine monospot / EBV blood test, even if there's not a current infection it can often tell I think if there has been a past infection - so it is perhaps something worth asking the doctor in relation to your blood test for mono if there has been a past infection, and if so then mono certainly could be the cause of what you're experiencing as the symptoms do sound like that or a similar type illness for sure.

Hang in there Lisa - make sure you get plenty of rest and just look after yourself right now, it's hard to keep your spirits up when feeling so unwell with this I know - just remember that if it is mono or something similar, it will get better with time. Just hoping that the doctors can help with a diagnosis, sometimes even seeing a naturopath / herbalist / natural doctor can help too, I seen one last year following a post from one of the other people on the forum Kiki and they were able to do a food testing test which can show up a lot of information too about infections and food allergies, etc , perhaps worth looking into.

Thinking about you and I am believing that you are going to get better and through this and that 2019 is going to be God willing one of recovery for you, but remember just don't look too far ahead dealing with one day at a time with mono or anything like that is all you can do - and you ARE going to get through this whether this is mono or something else, I do believe that, trusting God.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.