Please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I've posted a few times before and had some really nice kind replies, Just wondering does anyone get really fast heart palpitations, stomach ache and back ache after eating, can reflux really be this painful

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes,had all those symptoms! I ended up having a fundoplication last February which was the best thing I ever did. Haven't had a problem since.

• Posted

Tks for your reply Sue, can I ask did you suffer every day or just if you hate wrong foods

• Posted

I will be 3 years in June after Fundiplication.. Have never known this life before as I have been suffering really since birth.. I'm now 49 😁👍

• Posted

hi what does fundiplication do for reflux/regurgitation?

• Posted

It stops reflux.. No more acid coming up... No more food coming back up... Do search on Internet lots of information...

• Posted

I suffered every day. I was on 150mg Ranitidine twice a day, plus took Gaviscon continually. If I ate late at night I would often wake up in the middle of the night projectile vomiting.

I took my last Ranitidine the night before the operation and haven't had one since - or any Gaviscon.

I can eat anything now - even things like cucumber and pastry which always gave me heartburn. I can also eat straight before going to bed and it has no affect on me:)

• Posted

what is fundiplication? OPERATION? AM TAKING 80mg O EPRAZOLE PLUS GAVISCON AFTER MEALS YET STILLHAVE Sore/raw throat. only recently meds been increased. NOTHINGS HELPING. APPRECIATE HEARING FROM YOU

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.