Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

please help if you can

my father has had Pd for many years. I am so scared. I am 53 and male. Four months ago I had a hearing inbalance. Its ok now. But a few weeks ago i started to have a trembling/vibration inside my body and feel like jelly. My eye is twitching and i feel i have no control over my fingers. Typing this is so difficult. my scalp is full of pin and needles. Its like a chemical feeling in my body. My doctor has ruled out me seeing a neurologuist and prescribed anti depressents . But how long does it take symptoms to develop ? Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

trust your doctor. your symptons are anxiety not PD. the more you worry about the. the worse they seem . Take some time to stop and focus on all the good positive things in life. go out and positively look for fun and joy. You are young and need to happier in outlook.

• Posted

you are not alone in the way you feel but at the end of the day it is down to you to change the situation. TALK. tell the doctor you want support not pills and they can refer you to all sorts of services. join a club. volunteer for anything that will get you mixing with other people. you need to realise that really your anxiety is just a very little issue compared to alot of other peoples problems. then life is not so hard to deal with. it is hard to alter your mind set but once you know that you need to change it half the battle is won. best of luck.

• Posted

How long it takes symptoms to develop depends on how well you look after your health. It seems you are getting worse with age. You must look after your health and do what you need to do to condition your body. No drinking, no smoking, take vitamins daily, etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.