Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, i dont even know how to start talking and writing about this makes me cry.

around jan 15 my vagina was sooo itchy i went to the dr she gave me yeast infection cream it cleared up, then around jan 29 i noticed it was back but this time with it was terrible my whole vagina was swollen red raw and i had 2 cuts.

can ls be set of by yeast?

from that day i have suffered the skin on my clitoris hood is gone its raw when i walk when i touch my vagina it burns and my bum is the same i cant shave ot feels like im on fire, ive had blood tests and seabs for all stds, negative.

i have been to 6 gynos and 3 have said its ls but i have no white patches is this possible with out white patches?

i was given dermovate cream but i was crying so much i cant recall how to even use it, im sitting in baking soda but it burns maybe its too strong?

i have severe anxiety i cry everyday all i want to do is sleep its been 6 months ive changed my diet to raw veg and fruit and i use coconut oil about 8 times a day.

sorry for the long post but does this even sound like LS?

thank you to anybody that reads this im 28 and im scared this is for the rest of my life

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

There is a punch biopsy that can be done to know for sure if you have LS. I just had it done a couple of months ago. If you want to know for sure, ask for the punch biopsy. I went to Mayo in Florida and it was done in the regular exam room. I have several other health issues that caused me to give up, after years of trying several different doctors in a wide range of practices, and go to Mayo. I suggest talking to your gynecologist.

The medication prescribed (Clobestasol Propionate ointment) at Mayo did not work for me. Instead, I went back to a compounded cream I had been using for about 3 years that was working for me. The LS was found more on a hunch to connect to the problems I am having with my esophagus, oral tissue, and skin. The compounded cream is: E2 0.1/CLOTR 1/BETAME 0.05%

My insurance does not cover the compounded cream, but it is worth every penny of $60 for 90 grams. I use it at bedtime by applying to the labia nightly.

I hope you get answers and medication that can help you!

• Posted

It sounds like LS to me. Mine is quite similar actually. It started with a urinary tract infection, which required a round of antibiotics that gave me a slight yeast infection. Then I was treated for that. I started having itching that wouldn't go away and my yeast tests were negative. Was given more antibiotics and yeast cream and it didn't help. finally got a biopsy and it came back with LS positive. this was a year ago this month.

my skin is mostly just red when im flaring. which is worse the few days before my menstrual cycle. i have the lightened skin up by the clitoris and thats where it itches mostly. i just get the burning right at the vaginal opening.

i think its possible to have it without the white patches. i went to clinic that specifically deals with vulvar issues. i was diagnosed at 25 and i iust turned 26.

do you notice the pain is worse right before your period?

• Posted

hello,

my period and ovulation are so bad i cry its not just itching it feels like sore raw skin, ok so you arr younger than me even! I googled and I kind of understood it as older women.

When I wake up in the morning i dont notice but as the day goes on it gets worse, I am using dermovate cream but i dont think its getting better i feel no itch now but im still sore.

have things gotten better for you?

thank you for your reply

• Posted

i wish there was a way to bring this up with whoever researches lichen. its not just menopausal women theres lot of us that have this at a younger age.

i use triamcinolone 0.01% ointment on days just to prevent the itching. but the week before my period i have to use betemethasone 0.05% ointment to help the pain and itching.

id say its been the same. i have really bad days where i cry in pain and cant wear jeans or pants. then i have some good days.

i really wish there was more research though. my doctor just gives me the option to try birth control to see if that helps me. i have declined each time because i have a hard time with the idea in supposed to use steroids for the rest of my life and i really dont want to alter my hormones and it ends up making the lichen worse.

if youre in the US there should be some clinics at the big hospitals that specialize in vulvar diseases and they should be able to tell you for sure. look up the university of michigan. they have research on LS from many years ago.

• Posted

i agree do not go on birth control!

I never had issues until i had the depo injection and then its just been 1 thing after the other.

I am really thankful for your reply and im so sorry to ask so many questions but do you find the itching changes places i have near my clitoris and now its at my vagina entrance.

i have added oil of oregano to my oil and it has soothed things so much it might help you.

• Posted

i do notice it changes places. at first it was on my sides of the vulva, now its just around the clitoris. its always been at the vaginal opening for me. thats where the burning is its absolute worst.

is the oregano an essential oil?

• Posted

yes its an essential i mix it with coconut oil its the only thing that helps me but make sure to dilute it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.