Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I'm really struggling with lots of bodily symptoms and my anxiety is really bad. I've got palpitations, sweating, stomach ache, tense sore muscles in back, shoulders, abdomen, very low mood, vert tearful. Have no one to talk to and am so unhappy. Life shouldn't feel this bad should it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

just wanted to type and say hi how are you feeling now? im sat on my sofa right now frozen because i have yet another tension headache and pressure. i feel like i must be ill or either im going to have this anxiety symptom forever. it is draining and gives me such a sense of dread and low mood. im going to heat up a hot water bottle and tell myself it will pass. hope you are ok. do you have anything you can do to? just wanted to let you know youre not alone and anxiety is a massive @#+&!

• Posted

Hello, thank you so much for replying.

I have been so low lately, it makes you feel so alone doesn't it? I look around me and feel so detached from life, it feels like everyone else is getting on with their lives and I'm just stuck waiting for the next thing my body is going to do to me. I'm currently worried about cancer because my stomach aches and I'm getting very scared and am tensing my stomach muscles all the time. I had a hysterectomy 18 months ago and continuing to tense my stomach is really hurting my scar which is causing more pain which is causing more anxiety. Its such a hard thing to deal with isn't it. Its hard to reassure ourselves isn't it? Do you find yourself focusing on the pain you have?

• Posted

yes i constantly focus on the pain and all my thoughts are what if it isnt anxiety and its something bad, what if i have this forever ect ect. constant "what if" thinking. ive got another head pain today just permanent sensations in my head muscles. my new panic is i usually only get symptoms that are chronic for 3months max. this headache has been here since October. so so so sick of it.

my past chronic symptom was stomach issues too. awful central pain and burning in my chest and a sensation in my mouth like id just brushed my teeth, like a menthol sensation. lasted solidly for 2months. then one day i woke up and it was gone. i was kinda hoping this would be the same with headaches but nope. i have absolutely no idea what triggers it. starts within the hour of waking up when i get that sense of dread. then nothing will get rid of it until im asleep again.

hope you are ok today. thinking of you. you are def not alone

• Edited

Hello,

I'm a retired medical professional from the U.S. and I'll share some information with you that I hope will provide some reassurance.

Understand that chronic anxiety can become elevated to the degree that it produces somatic features, or physical symptoms. The palpitations are merely isolated PVCs as a consequence of inadvertent stimulation of the vagus nerve, which is a large mixed nerve that extends from the gastrointestinal tract upwards to the heart and brain among other areas. Realize that gastrointestinal symptoms can result in nerve impulses that ascend and merely result in unintentional premature heartbeats. These particular heartbeats can appear singularly, in pairs(bigeminy,) triplets(trigeminy) or other variations and can be sensed as an extra beat followed by a significant or strong regular beat or in some instances can be detected as a skipped beat. Regardless, they are entirely harmless and the heart's normal pacer remains unaffected. In other words, the palpitations of the type you describe are absolutely incapable of resulting in any type of dangerous arrhythmia.

Diaphoresis, or sweating, is a very common feature of chronic anxiety with or without an accompanying panic episode. Muscle tension is also a very common feature of anxiety, as is gastrointestinal discomfort or pain.

Cancer is not an option here because it most always arises as the last symptom in virtually all cancer types rather than the initial clinical feature. Cancers are also most commonly insidious, or very slow in progression, so you would have been experiencing a host of other symptoms long before any pain appeared.

You are allowing your anxiety to become a runaway train of sorts regarding health concerns. Your description is one that I've encountered a tremendous number of times by other patients who experience health anxiety.

As for being lonely, you should join or utilize existing social media accounts to talk with friends and use the time with them to obtain reassurance while diminishing your loneliness. It is not uncommon at all for persons with health anxiety to become social withdrawn and feel as though life is passing them by because they become preoccupied with their health to the extent that it constantly spoils and diminishes one's outlook on life in general.

You're going to be just fine. Not a single patient that has provided health complaints or worries very similar to your own has ever subsequently developed any type of disease, so take a deep breath and relax in that regard. Arrange an appointment with your primary physician and discuss your issues. There are medications that can help in the short term while making arrangements to speak with a therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders.

Never allow your health worries to negatively impact your life. Simply take control and seek help. It's that simple and you'll be on your way to regaining your foothold on life in no time.

Best regards

• Edited

Hi,

I can sympathise. Since enjoying a week free over Xmas from head pressure / tension headaches, I have now returned to work and the dreaded tightness in head / neck are back 😦 Have booked another visit to GP but am not hopeful for any resolution, and have just had a strange adrenaline rush which felt like it nearly pushed me off my chair !

The start of another grim year of chronic brain fog, it sounds morbid but at times I would sooner be dead then endure this nightmare. If there was a fast forward button through the working day I would happily push it.....

• Edited

so sorry about your head pain. i am so so fed up of tension headaches or what ever on earth im experiencing. I hate that wave of dread that moves over me whenever i notice it. ive recently come across vagus nerve exercises and it seems to be giving me a teeny bit of relief. might be placebo but it's been more affective than medicine which does nothing. might be worth a try?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.