please help! a family member collapsed earlier and I don’t know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

One of my family members collapsed this afternoon. He was walking around the corner of the sofa and then started leaning backwards and his eyes rolled towards the back of his head. He fell onto the floor in quite a dramatic way and at first I thought he was joking. After around 10 seconds he stood up and was confused so I got him water and he laid down for a bit. He says he is ok and he was just a bit dizzy but I am worried. Does this sound like something bad?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Sorry to hear this don't think it's  seizures    And when my dear mother was alive   She had them but drugs stopped them as she was 90. But it sounds like something else needs to get it checked out it could be but every one is so Different. Hope it gets sorted tc . Linda .

• Posted

The ambulance should still be called if theres no history of collapse. If left unchecked it could lead to something worse. My mother had a heat stroke and refused to go to the hospital, she's only gotten worse and worse... don't let this go unchecked. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.