Posted , 6 users are following.
Guys, Im in a real rut here, I could use some help.
For the past 6 months I have had a whole host of complex issues that may or may not be related. The common thread was initially an on/off tiredness and fatigue. But it was mild though always there.
As an active person (until recently) I ended up injured in a few places and had to go to rehab with a PT. My inury list was embarrasingly long.
Exactly 2 weeks ago I went to a rehab session that was signifcantly intense. When I got home I was shattered, like I had run a marathon. Over the next few days this would develop:
- Extremely weird fatigue, I would say more along the lines of malaise and unwellness.
- Arms and legs are often cold, no matter what I wear. They are cold to the bone
- Migraines. Started last Thursday and wouldn't leave me. I feel like there is a game of football in my head. It's so strong I had to take a few days off work and only got back today. But its not abating, VERY strong and even 'Migralieve' is not helping that much.
- Migraines causing pain to radiate to the eyes (especially back of the eye). Also cheeks feel numb
- Chills and fever like feeling, but always at my normal temp range of 36.2 - 36.5.
- Symptoms worse after walking or any physical exertion (other than sitting on the sofa).
- Concentraion fluctuates but I am never able to think straight, especially now with migraines
- Mood is super low most of the time (borderline depressed but not suicidal), but mostly because of the symptoms. When I take strong pain killers and symptoms improve, I feel happy again and wish I am like this all the time.
- Lost 1kg in those two weeks (not trying).
- Muscle and joint pains that radiates from one spot to the other
Bit of history:
30 year old guy
Lost 55kg (120 lbs) in 3 years
Was physically active until my injuries and now this mess is keeping me out.
Everything I have read online keeps bringing me here to CFS. But I never had like an infection or a trigger that I can remember. Also until the recent episode that started two weeks ago I was mostly OK. Now I feel like I am properly sick. Day to day stuff like going to work, groceries, travelling to and from places is just really difficult and painful...
What's going on? I saw like 6 different doctors who have done a whole bunch of tests on me that all came out negative. We even did the ANA test and nothing showed.
Should I maybe quit life for a few weeks, stay at home and just relax, maybe that will improve things? Or do I just accept that I probably have CFS?
1 like, 9 replies