Please help! Been dealing with pruritus ani for 2 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have seen 2 GI doctor's and 2 dermatologists. Endless amount of creams and nothing seems to cure this. I only have the itching after a BM. No itching at night, it's almost like it completely goes away until the next day when I go. Sometimes its not even an itch its just very uncomfortable for hours after a BM. It's driving me nuts and I really hope someone out there has a cure for this. Please any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That happens to me as well. i have to use flushable wipes a d actually clean up

insude a bit as well as wiping. Any trace of fecal matter will cause itching for me. i also sometimes use calamoseptine ointment. That is what works best for me. Good luck!

• Posted

by doing that does it resolve the itching for the entire day?

• Posted

I actually use wet toilet paper now. the ointment relieves itching for quite a while. Its a horrible torture. Sorry you have to deal with it. Also i dont push at all. Even when urinating. its a mystery.

• Posted

calamoseptine is the best ointment I've found.

• Posted

This is just my two cents. I had this itch for years - decades. I had tried literally everything and one year I was treated for toenail fungus which included oral Terbinafine. This cured me almost immediately. Literally not a single symptoms since.

• Posted

hi,

thank you for ur reply. this was a couple months ago and I didn't think anyone would answer me so thank you. can u tell me more about ur issue? or used to be issue? happy for u that this worked but I have had all kinds of test and it is not fungal which that is what terbinafine is used for. did they tell u the same? I really want yo reach out to my doctors for the 100th time to see if I can try this. how long did u use it for?

• Posted

hi did your itch cause your anal area to feel moist after scratching

• Posted

To answer your question and for the benefit of anyone else, I took that medication orally for 30 days. It had nothing to do with my anal itching, I took it for a toenail fungus. It's just that I didn't realize until after I completed everything that it also cured that. There's no way it was a coincidence because I'm telling you I was afflicted for decades and it magically cleared up I didn't even realize it until one time I figured it out. It had to be the anti-fungal that I took .

• Posted

i have finally been relatively free from itch for a out 2 months now. i only wipe after bm with wet toilet paper and clean myself wirh that uo inside a little as well. Any trace of fecal matter at all will make me itch.

• Posted

Hi, I replied to your email. Hope you're OK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.