Please Help..blood test already within range..but all symptoms still there...

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi,im new to this forum. im male 44yr old.starting having weird symptoms august of 2018. out of nowhere suffering from panic attacks. 24/7dizziness. fatique.like i just want to pass out. weird vision..went for blood test and ultrasound confirm hyperthyroid from single hot nodule..

my result Oct 15 2018

TSH 0.043range 0.27 - 4.20

Ft4 3.16 range 0.93 - 1.70

Ft3 8.37 range 2.50 - 4.30

Nov 1 started on 5mg tapazole 3×a day.

Dec 1 result but different Lab

TSH 0.72 range 0.27 - 4.20

Ft4 17.00 range 12- 22

Ft3 3.96 range 3.1- 6.8

Dec1 started acetyl lcar 500mg

Jan 1 result

TSH 3.160 range 0.27 - 4.20

Ft4 1.23 range 0.93 - 1.70

Ft3 2.59 range 2.50 - 4.30

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

blood test in range already..but why hasnt my symtoms disappeared? 24/7 dizziness...fatigue..weird vision..inner shakes..panic attacks..sensitive to sound and lights...is dat normal?

• Posted

Your symptoms are still there because the cause of your hyperthyroidism, namely the hot nodule, has not been corrected. Also when the overproduction of thyroid hormone is addressed by thyroid hormone reducing medications like Methimazole and/or supplements such as Acetyl-L-Carnitine, the dosages of them needs to be adjusted gradually downward accordingly as your lab tests improve. You need to know this because often your doctor won't, especially with the Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Acetyl-L-Carnitine works best combined with antithyroid meds when the cause of hyperthyroidism is an autoimmune disease like Graves but not thyroid nodules. That is because in Graves disease the hyperthyroid production is caused by autoimmune antibodies attacking the TSH receptors in the pituitary gland whereas when the hyperthyroidism is caused by a hot nodule, it is the nodule pressing on the gland that needs to be addressed, usually by surgically removing the nodule. The nodule should also have been tested for malignancy by fine needle aspiration. Nodules that don't cause problems such as nodules not pressing on the gland or not malignant do not have to be removed but in your case, obviously it is pressing on the gland which is causing too much thyroid hormone to be released. I would suggest you talk to your doctor about this. Also since your lab results are heading toward hyper, stop the Acetyl. Then see where your labs are. If they are still as high as now, your doc should lower the dosage SLOWLY. My dosage lowerings were always by 2.5 mg at a time.

• Posted

Correction: I meant to say "since your blood tests are now heading towards HYPO not HYPER" they need to be corrected by adjusting dosages downwards.

• Posted

thank you Linda.. i will talk to my endo about the hot nodule.. i was planning to have RAI 2 weeks from now..ill update you guys how it went..because nodule cant be corrected by atm...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.