Please help! Bloody stool for over 2 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been bleeding from my anus for over 2 months now and it doesn't want to stop. I have to wear a liner because it just bleeds all the time. When I wipe, it's bright red blood. I sometimes pass gas, then dark red blood clots, while other times, I just have drops of bright, red blood hit the toilet water. I have no stomach pain, fatigue, cramps, no other symptoms but the gas and blood passing. I had a colonoscopy and they found nothing perculiar except for a spot in my colon that apparently "oozed" blood located somewhere by my rectum and sigmoid colon. The doc just took my money and referred me to a GI doc ( which I've been waiting desperately for for over 6 weeks now). I've about given up hope and just get used to seeing red when I wipe. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON TESTS OR CAUSES OR REMEDIES FOR MY CONDITION, I WOULD APPRECITE IT TIMES A THOUSAND. Please help, any help. Have a great and healthy day.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go to the ER!

Sounds like a hemorrhoid to me.

Hope you feel better smile

• Posted

Oh wow! Sorry

Probably the ER won't do anything huh?

Sorry, that's the only thing that came to mind were the hemorrhoids.

I really do hope you recover from this fast.

• Posted

So a spot is found in the colonoscopy, where it is bleeding near the rectum but don't do a thing like taking a laser and cauterised it within same procedure? ???

I don't quite get it.

Since you had a colonoscopy, bleeding ulcers, inflammation, tumors, diverticulum etc were ruled out, right?

Was a pic taken from the bleeding spot?

Do you take a blood thinner? (which will increase the likelyhood)

Do you take daily stool softeners to never have hard stools? (to not further irritate the lesion by scrubbing along)

The ER will only help, if you lost so much blood, that you needed iv drip liquids or even blood transfusions. Otherwise it is not their task.

Wasn't it a gastroenterologist who performed colonoscopy?

I am so startled you had a colonoscopy,  

a bleedings spot identified but just left with it, not told if it was an ulcer or blood vessel bleeding and why it was not tackled to stop it bleeding.

Was it maybe too little bleeding with the hope it will stop in time naturally?

From here from a distance it sounds like a weak wall blood vessel, an angiodysplasia maybe even, that needs to be lasered/burnt and good it is. ?? 

When experienceing anal fissures (which you don't have, but it bleeds just the same), it takes sometimes months to finally settle. Once thought, oh good, finally....nope, back again. But keeping mechanical effects away (hence soft stool), helped.

• Posted

jess sorry to hear about your symptoms---but as much as i know if they see some thing in colonscopy they will take a small part for biopsy in your case as u mention there is few spots is they take any sample for biopsy and as well as they have to take pics for the area which is inflammed or some thing else------better you shoud visit gain to your doc who do for you colonscopy and ask bout the spots which he see----------i have an issue but i didnot pass blood i have my colonscopy done 13 days ago all of that is normal no thing seen in my colonscopy i have a problem i pass out some vegis and tomatos skin in my stool--------and also certain of food change the colour of my stool----------if you cann ot go to the doctor i must suggest that you should use antibiotic for a week or two weeks---Ciprofloxacin 500 mg tablet twice in a day i morning 1 night time + Metronidazole 400 mg 3 times a day 1 + 1 + 1 =================but ist try to discuss about your doc if you don,t like use the medicine which i tell u for a trail for a week or 2 weeks you will feel well hopefully i have a cousin and other relaive they pass blood in stool doc give them the medicine which  i mention before its for infection etc
  • Posted

Hello! I have had the same problem as you but I don't know how to help, Maybe See the ER? I'm sorry if this isnt helpfull, Bye bye!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.