Please help desperate

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please, I'm self diagnosing myself ! I have said before on forum regarding my symptoms . Pain, throbbing, burning , discomfort . Especially more after defecation! There's no bleeding thank god ! This has been a problem for almost a year , everyday ! I was suppose to get a sigmoidoscopy but chicken out! This week a surgeon is suppose to evaluate my condition . I've had hemorroids , so you can rule that out , don't know if that's still an issue though . Desperately trying to find any feedback to what might be causing this health issue of mine . If anyone shares any similarities to this condition , and what you think it might be . It will be greatly appreciated thanks . Hope to hear a response !

0 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Get some diaper rash cream. One with the highest amount of since oxide in it. Cover the areas before and after pooping. Directly after pooping first soak in warm water to clean the area and bring circulation to it then apply the cream. The cream is thick and will smooth and coat the area and for me and many others stops the burning. Look into getting H-fissure oil from healing oils and use as directed. Make sure to take a stool softener and eat veggies and fruits and drink tons of water till it is healed. It can take a while and be up and down. Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes ! God bless uou! It is brutal I know

• Posted

Thanks Jennifer ! I will try that . My issue obviously lies in the rectum at least that's what I'm suspecting , coworkers make fun of because I walk funny . They know what's going on , but everything points to a fissure I suppose ?
    • Posted

Sure sounds just like a fissure!! If it feels like you are pooping glass it is most likely and fissure. Make sure to have a colorectal doc take a good look. Keep us posted !!
  • Posted

I feel your pain!  I've been dealing with the same issue for about 2 months now.  I did go to my doctor and he prescribed a ointment for me and after 3 weeks I went back for a follow up and he said I was healed up.  It's back again.  i follow a pretty good diet and still it just keeps coming back.  I do have blood every now and then and the pain is nothing like I experienced a couple of months ago.  I soak in a warm sitz bath at least 3 X a day and that seems to help.  I feel like my whole life is just focused on going to the bathroom.  This sucks and I pray for relief quickly!!!  I've lost about 15 pounds just from following my healthy eating habits and plan on sticking with it.  Good Luck Erick and keep us updated on your progress
    • Posted

Thank you Elizabeth . Do you think it is a fissure? Based on what I'm going through ?
    • Posted

Hard to say. With that type of pain you usually see blood. Sounds like it is but once the doctor confirms at least you will know. You might need the compounded ointment to help heal it. Keep us updated.
    • Posted

You might also have a hemorrhoid problem. Similar symtoms for sure. A family member of mine had to have surgery to fix his. 1st time fissure suffers usually heal pretty quickly. Please see your doctor for diagnosis. Keep updated. I hate that you are going through this. It is horrible and so private. Glad we have a place to share our thoughts
    • Posted

You think? I mean about a year and some months when I got seen by doc he said I had a hemrroid , however he said that internal hems don't hurt due to soft tissue inside . So there was one outside the anus . Again no bleeding at all ! I get the impression as though there's a tear , or something in there like what I have mentioned before with my symptoms . This is what gets to me a lot . Can they make an assessment by looking , or do I need the camera to determine cause ? If you know anything about it .
    • Posted

Usually they don't want to insert any instruments when they can visually see the tear.  If they do not see anything visually then they will have to use a scope.  When I have gone to the doctor for this issue they can see it pretty quick. 
    • Posted

Hi erik,

SO sorry you have to go through this. I know it is scary to think that someone will insert something up there, but if they have to use the scope, it is worth it if they can help diagnose you better in the long run.

Keep up your spirits. Hopefully all will be well in the near future!

• Posted

Hey Marcus ,

I just realized as you said in the comment , thank god again there's no blood during a bm , I'm wondering if with any condition that you have with your colon usually I hear that there's blood present ? In my case there's none ! Except for the discomfort as I explained before in the original post . What else can it be ? Can I have a fissure or anything else without any blood involved. ?

• Posted

I mean, I'm not a doctor or anything but I'm pretty sure you can have a very minor fissure, that could cause you a lot of pain, with no blood present.

If you do have a fissure, probably what happens is when you poop you irritate the cut and open it up a little but not enough so that blood can pass through the cut.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

No you're right. But you know what so far everyone who posts having a fissure describes the pain as horrible ! Mine is not that bad , the pain that is. But it hurts my rectum prior , and after a bm the pain begins . I recall when I was first diagnose with hemorrhoids I was in massive pain! I felt death ! Maybe I'm exaggerating but really I was bad ! I couldn't walk , then it subsided , and ever since this is what I've been going through ! A year and change of off an on torcher ! Good days , some bad days !
    • Posted

You can still have a fissure but maybe a moderate one. If you have a severe fissure or a chronic one, you will know it. Like I said in my other post to elizabeth, my pain came to the point where I had about two minutes post pooping to get into a comfortable position where I would not be able to move due to the amount of pain I had endured. 

Nevertheless, any pain is uncomfrtable, wheter big or small, and should not be made comparisons with.

I would definately see a doctor just to be sure. A big part of problems back there are physocological too as once you have something wrong down there, every other thing brings back those painful memories and makes you think the worst of your situation.

• Posted

Marcus , I've been told that it can be psychological ! I know what I feel and believe me it's not intentional . Meaning I know what I'm feeling in that area and it hurts ! And believe me everything I'm going through only points to a fissure.
    • Posted

My comment before was not to say that what you are feeling isn't there. If you have pain you have pain. But fear also makes pain worse too as the stress from the fear of what it could be coulde make it worse.

If I were you, I would go to the doctor, and get checked out to rule out what you have. This is the only true way you will know whether or not you have a fissure and what means the doctor can direct you to to solve it. 

• Posted

Oh yes . For sure . Thanks again for your support. This Tuesday I have the app to see him or her .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.