Please help! extreme fatigue

Posted , 11 users are following.

Can someone help me shed some light on why I feel so horrendous! I have been suffering with extreme fatigue and exhaustion for about 8/9 months now and its affecting my everyday living. Any exercise makes it worse and takes me 2/3 days to be able to do anything. Im a nurse so have a hectic work schedule and ive been forgetting things and not able to concentrate. I have pain in my muscles and a pins and needle sensation down my back

My eyelid twitches and I have blurred vision.

I have frequent mouth ulcers and water infections so my immune system is affected but ive had tests done including FBC ESR thyroid diabeties anaemia b12 dificiency iron HIV Hep B urine samples and bowel checks as I was diagnosed with IBS last august. All other Tests were normal.

My diet is healthy to accomodate my Ibs and I drink plenty of fluids, take multivitamins daily and no change. Im struggling as my doctors seem to be ignoring everything im saying. I have migranes now and disturbed sleep and my emotions are all over the place. I get irritated easily as im.so exhausted. Some days I cant physically get out of bed or do everyday activites like washing my hair. Im 22 and feel like im 82! If anyone can suggest something to do I would really appriciate it

Jess.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jessica,

I had significant improvement when I treated a small stomach ulcer. As you mentioned, I used to feel like 82 (sometimes I used to think that even old people can stand for sometime whereas I couldn't). I would suggest apart from treating the other deficiencies to treat your IBS. Perhaps it will help as the digestive system is responsible for converting food to energy. I wish complete and fast recovery.

• Posted

Hi guys, I was diagnosed with CFS today. Nice to finally get some answers but daunting at the same time. Any idea on how to deal with working and coping 

x

• Posted

I am sorry you are unwell but congratulations on getting a definite diagnosis. That is quite some achievement .
    • Posted

hi Jessica. i can understand the double edged sword of getting the diagnosis. at least u've something to work on and towards. many ppl recover from this condition with good management, diet, stress mangaement, good pacing etc etc.

i'd say the first 'stop off' should be to sign on to one of the CFS/ME management programs if you're in the UK. they run 8 week programs over a longish period of time. they are helpful, especially when newly diagnosed. there are lots of books out there too as well as numerous forums like this one etc. etc.

there's the ME/CFS association. Action for me. Breakthrough research and any number of support groups throughout the country. the latter vary in quality, so you'll have to make the choice there

also, your place of work are obliged by disbaility/equality statute to make any necessary amendments to your work environment. this could include a quite place to rest/nap during the day i.e. a reclining chair, lights adjustment, supportive sitting arrangements etc.

depending on the severity of your mobility, you may qualify for mobility allowance.

educating the family, loved ones, partner and close friends will have to be on the 'to do list'.

i don't want to overwhelm you with infromation, so maybe that'll help for now.

all good wishes

Caitlin

• Posted

p.s. forgot you're a nurse Jessica. they maybe able to temporarily re-deploy to a desk job. however, your health SHOULD be the priority. REST and PACING is PARAMOUNT for successful recovery, especially in the early days.

Caitlin

• Posted

I endorse rest and pace You may always need to be careful but you can have a proper life even so. Wishing you a steady recovery.

• Posted

Mouth sores? that sounds like a folate deficiency.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.