Please help! Feeling down today

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok guys. I've had great luck the past two weeks on 10mg. My doc only gave me 14 pills bc she wanted me to go up to 20 after that. I decided not to go up be I am feeling so great. So I broke the 20mg in half the last three days and I'm right back where I started. Anxiety in the morning. On edge. Angry. Should I just go to 20?? Is 20 a lot?? I'm feeling really down today bc I have made such progress. No energy. I just want to lay down and sleep. What happened!? Is it bc the 20mg tab broken in half is not exact?? Please please help. If anyone has been through third.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bethanny

I'm sorry you're feeling so down today. I've been on Citalopram for about seven months and it has worked for me - I've had chronic depression for nearly twenty years on and off. I have found that Citalopram is efective, and I dont experience any side effects at all - there were some initialy. What I have found is that the effectiveness plateaus out after a while - I started on 20mg, then increased to 30mg and now I'm on the highest dose of 40mg. All with my doctors support. I suggest therefore that you just step up to the 20mg and see how you go. Try and incorporate some execrcise and socilaising too - although I am very anti social!

I do hope you're feeling brighter soon and that you can keep the black fog at bay.

Take care.

Peter

• Posted

Thank you peter. Black fog is the best description of what I feel like. I've only been on it for two weeks so I'm hoping I haven't already plateaued on 10mg. I am so sensitive to medication and I'm wondering if this has happened bc I am not taking an exact dose bc I'm cutting the 20 in half. Waiting for a refill from my doctor. Probably won't get it until Monday or Tuesday. Feel like forever when I just want to feel normal again like I did last week. I just had the best two weeks I've had in years. And today I felt so down. Hoping for the best. Thank you for your encouragement

• Posted

Hi Brittany

Try and take some positivity from the fact that you taken a big first step my seeing the doctor and getting some meds. The other important thing to bear in mind is that Citalopram can take up to two months to start working properly - so two weeks isnt very long at all.

Peter

• Posted

Ok so even though I had been doin. Well for two weeks doesn't mean there won't be bumps in the road? That makes me feel better. I started fearing it wasn't working anymore and I've only been on it a short amount of time. Thank you for the positivity. I needed it today.

• Posted

I've been doing the same, I went up to 20, felt ok for a couple of weeks then right back down again. So I've been halving my tablets.

Have the brands changed by any chance? I think that's what the problem has been with me x

• Posted

No same med. I just checked. I'm so sensitive to meds I feel like it's bc it's not an exact dose. I'm having so much anxiety over thinking everything and now I'm feeling down bc I've been feelin so great and I'm miserable today. I hope I can get a refill of the 10mg on Monday

• Posted

I was on 10mg for 3 weeks didn't do much went up to 20 and feeling so much better.stick with it they do work but not overnite.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.