please help for symptoms and diagnosis of inguinalherniai

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have some hernia symptoms but no visible lump or bluge. i have constant stabing pain on my lower right abdomin above pubic bone. this pain increases with walking and bending. i can not sleep due to this pain. i also feels pain near my right testicle and sensitive skin on right upper thighs.

any body have this symptoms. how they diagnosed. ultrasound is sufficent for diagnosis.

any help will be a blessing for me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, if you don't have a bulg, my advice take it easy and rest as much as possible, "try to avoid working that area" but you should visit your Dr in any case" for reassurance.

Best wishes

• Posted

i hear about hernias without any lump. and small hernias causes more pain. i am going to diagnose this in few days. my question is if ultrasound detect small hernia succesfully or i should go for ct scan which is much costly
  • Posted

Hi,

After minor to moderate discomfort for an age and Dr's not thinking it was a hernia I finally had an ultrasound and there we go, an inguinal hernia found within a minute. So, yes, I had the same symptoms as you although a lot less painful - get an ultrasound, that should be able to pick it up. Oh, I had a CT at Christmas of that area after some blood in the urine and the CT I was told is not sensitive to hernias. Wishing you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.