Please help! Having difficulty stopping lexapro

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

i started lexapro in mid september (5mg) and took that until mid october. Then i decided to increase to 10mg with the guidance from my doc. i was on 10mg for a week but didn't like the weight gain so i moved down to 5mg for a week and stopped it. This was mutual between me and my doc. I did not have any issues for the 1st week of stopping. But on the 9th day, i started experiencing brain fog and difficulty concentrating with sharp headaches. I just wanna lay down all the time. Is this normal? Im so scared. I don't feel good at all. My doc said you weaned off well and this is just anxiety. But its really bad. What should i do? Please help im freaking out!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.