Please help - high anxiety over constant congestion when I lie down

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am new here and I apologize if this might seem trivial to this community. I have had a tough year as I lost both my parents, had shingles and also some dental issues. Now I have noticed for the last couple of weeks that I have constant congestion when I lie down even though I have no cold symptoms. This is not what I needed after the year I have had. When I lie down on my side the nostril closest to the bed gets congested. When I flip over the nostril now closest to the bed gets congested while the other clears up. When I am lying down but on my back, I am not congested. I also clear up once I stand up.

What could this be? This has been going on for sometime? Could it be something serious? Please help with any information so I can stress about one less thing. I have bad anxiety already and after 2018 I am pushed to the edge. Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issue. Among other issues with my sinuses. I dont know what my problem is though. I suspect, but dont know, that it is deviated septum and/or too narrow and windy nasal passages.

• Posted

Drink more water, keep a bottle by the bed and drink plenty of water in the evening, sleep with more pillows so you are upright, Every time you go to the loo sip some more water, if you over hydrate a little bit you over lubricate your sinus and will sleep better. I have had it for years it for years, just drink more and the mucus becomes loose. I have used a humidifier too, but simple water and lots more works best, as does avoiding eating in the evenings and any foods that make you feel stuffed up. In my case I cut out white flour foods and dairy, I try to get my eating done early. Good luck, it cant kill you even if it is unpleasant and the fix is simple, wash away whatever is irritating you.

• Posted

It could be from emotional trauma. But try Evening Primrose Oil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.