please help. hypochondria.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi. so im 15 and im so scared that i have leaukimia

ive been noticing tiny petechiae popping up on my arm. i have like 10 all spread on both arms.

some of them, ive had for a year.

i took a blood test 8-9 months ago and everything was fine and i moved on but the petechiae are coming back again and im so scared. my parents refuse to take me to a doctor again bc ive made them take me so many times and it turned out to be nothing.

they say its just pimples but they are NOT pimples.

i also have keratosis pilaris. im praying to God that its bc of that.  im going crazy plz

help 

the thing is my petechiae popped up about the same tome last year and stopped and now its coming back again. despite the blood test coming out fine, im still scared.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna can I ask when you first looked up your symptoms with Dr Google did you not realize he's not qualified to diagnose as he hasn't trained to be a Dr, you had blood test done and they came back clear so you definitely haven't got lukemia, it would have shown up even back then so if it wasn't their then you haven't got it now but if you want believe your doctor and the test results why would you ask us on here, you have a quiet common reaction for your age your suffering with a fear of illness and when you see it's not that your actually sick its just that your fear is causing your mind to see things that aren't actually real

• Posted

Well you obviously are suffering from worry about this. Do you worry about other things too. That can be exhausting worrying about your health. Pretty sure this is a teenage phase you are going through. At this age there are lots of transitions, doubts , insecurities and uncertainty. The Worst thing you can do is google stuff about your health. You may start off with a rash and then after googling about it think you have cancer, just as you are thinking now. Everytime that thought pops in your mind tell yourself you are ok. Stop the thoughts of leukemia and reassure yourself. Remember what the doctor told you. Its so many things that could be causing you to focus on this . If you absolutely cannot get this off of your mind you might want to tell your doctor how you are worrying , how you have tried to reassure yourself and need reasurance more.Tell your parents you need a doctor to help you stop worrying. But you have to really try to reassure yourself. If it doesnt get better see if you can if they cant understand your problem but pretty sure this will get better and its just a phase. If yiu pray that alwys helps me to get things off of my chest and to know i am not alone in my struggles. You can work on you reasuring yiurself that you are good everythings ok and there is someone up above who always understands. Maybe you fear death and it causes you to worry about the rash because yiu think something will cause you to get really sick. This is normal at your age. Youll begin to figure things out and become more confident.a,little along. Remember you are your very best friend and reassurance . Try to think good thoughts and just take care of your rash on your arm. Some people just get bumps for no reason at all . Lots of things with our bodies unfortunately with everyone that happen for no reason causing no harm. I hope if there is anything else bothering you you find a person to talk to and i hope you know you arent alone. Everybody has,worry. Remember you are special bumps and all.
    • Posted

Disreguard so many mishaps in the spelling from me prior to this . I had trouble with the format and popups while replying from my phone. My heart went out to you because i have had teenage daughters thst at your age had some similiar issues like you. It was trying for me and them but it passed as they got a little older

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.