Please, help.! I am despaired pain and burning don't end.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

First, I want to thank in advance all of you that may help me. I have been battling pain and burning feeling in my right upper abdominal quadrant. CT Scam and Sonograms have been done with abnormal finding. An Endoscopy was done and showed Duodenitis ( redness only but not ulcers or white patches) H. Pylori was negative by stool test and intestinal biopsy. I was instructed to follow a ulcer suitable diet plus Lansoprazole, a PPI. However, I don't feel any better under this treatment, in fact, I believe I am worse after suppressing the stomach acid. Some days, the pain is so hard that I can not move from bed. I left the antacids and feel better but the pain and burning persist. I have noticed that a high sugar and carbohydrate diet make me feel more pain and burning. I can not figure out what diet will be convenient to solve it and why the PPI makes my symptoms worse ??

Thinking that may some microorganism other than H. Pylori be causing it that growth after acid suppression or if I need to give the PPI a longer shot to allow this organ to heal.

Any help, will be gold to me. I am suffering every day.

Thanks and blessing.! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, Not Ct Scam and Sonograms abnormal finding.! My mistake. I couldn't edit the topic. Thanks

• Posted

Hello Jorge

This is actually 100% the same problem i had. It started 21 of mars this year and ended at 9 of june. I have never been in this much pain all my life so i traveled back an forward to different docrors all the time. Desperate to find reliefe for my stomach burning. In and out of hospital as well. Gastroscope and so on. The took all possible test. Helicobacter and parasites all negative. Mr with fluid negative. CT with fluid negative. I tried Somac, lanzo, nexium and ranitidin. But i think ranitidin and Nexium gave me a real bad urticaria. So while all this is going on i have noe got depressed and full of anxiety. My skin also started to burn. All this and all they found was a little rednes in the duodendum. Do the last time they checked me out of the hospital with noe reliefe i was so tired an desperate. What the f**k shall i do, im dieing in pain and i know the doctors want to say its all in the head and that the anxiety makes it worse. Bulls**t, i have great job great familiy to lovely kids and so on. It was the burning and all the other problems that gave me this anxiety. I was a well trained guy at 110 kg when it started. The day the burning stopped i was 88 kg. Sorry for the long story, but here is what i did. I had use about 70.000.- norwegian kroners 10.000.- dollars and was so tired and sad. I went to a private doctor here in Norway. He has i little bad reputation because of his methods but this guy actually saved my life this time. All he said to me was if you have rednes in duodenum and they cant find anything we put you on a tripple antibitoca cure. We allways do this when i worked ar gastro hospital in Denmark. He was a gastro doctor. So here it is and i dont now if it works for you. Three types of antibiotics and losec mups. I will not be sure what worked. If it was the losec ore the antibotics, because i had tried all other acid reducers and they didnt work. Or if it was the combo. He said, maybe bugs, maybe virus, maybe helicobacter. Because in Denmark they had a lot of false negative results on helicobacter so we just treat it and se whats happen. Trust me im not one of those guyes who just wright o the internet and has no life. I just followed some forums when all this started and when i saw your story and it was just exatly the same i wanted to wright to you. I also got a diet tip from him wich i followed in the same process. If you want you can look me up at facebook. Dan-Thomas Jensen. I can use messenger. Sorry for my bad norwegian english. I hope if you find solution we can stake in contact. Maybe if it happens to some of us later in life some of us maybe have found anoter solution. I can also ask my doctor what kind of antibiotics i got.

• Posted

Contact me at Facebook. Dan-Thomas Jensen. Same symptoms but now 3 months later its gone. I tried to reply earlier but since i mentioned medication name it got deleted
    • Posted

Jensen

I would like to know what med you took? I have been dealing with my stomach for 7 months now nonstop.

Dont know whatelse to do anymore, im at the crossroad.

• Posted

Look me up at facebook. Dan-Thomas jensen. We can not mention names at medicines without being banned.
    • Posted

i will send you a private message in the forum.
  • Posted

Either the PPI doesn't suit you or you need to be on the medication for longer.  Try the PPI for longer and if you still feel worse, ask your doctor for a different medication.  Try a bland diet which cuts out fatty, spicy and rich foods. Cook from fresh rather than eating processed food. Artifical sugars such as sorbitol in fizzy drinks can be culprits.

• Posted

Hi Jorge. I'm in a similar position with the high up stomach pain everyday. Its like a wide band going right around my stomach. I have also had test over the last 6 years and don't know what it is. I have to take nausea tablets everyday and the feeling sometimes lasts for hours. On bad days I stick to soup and soft food like cereals, poached or scrambled eggs and jelly. I still eat ice cream, rice pudding and mash potato. I tend to avoid, bacon, burgers, sausage, pastries (not good) , chips. etc. White fish is fine (not fried.) Its crap I know. I take P.P.I.s, but they don't work very well for me. Sometimes they cause excess acid and make the pain worse. I take painkillers most days to be able to function. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.