Please help, I don't know what it is.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I notice this infection for 5 days now, I don't know what it is. I

I'm sure it is not STI, I only have one partner and have not have sex for 3 months.

Doc thinks it is Herpes, and prescribed Taro-Mupirocin cream and Valacyclovir 3 days ago, it seems does not work at all.

I'm very worried, please help me, thanks!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Update, I don't feel pain or itch at all, and its surface seems always wet.

• Posted

Could somebody help give some advise, thanks.

• Posted

How long were you directed to use the medication you have been given? The doctor is the best person to be dealing with this. If you want a different opinion go to any Sexual Health Service and get it checked ......

• Posted

I have been using the medication for 5 days now (Taro-Mupirocin cream and Valacyclovir), this is what doctor requested. And it does not have any effect.

I'm very worried about that it is a cancer, could you please give your opinion?

• Posted

u should have full std testing done i dont think its cancer did they test for herpes it dosnt look like herpes and syphilis

• Posted

it looks like herpes or syphilis i meant

• Posted

Thanks a lot for your reply.

They did swap for herps, and it is negative. I think they did blood sample for syphilis? that is negative too.

• Posted

very odd they tested for herpes and was negative but they gave u treatment for it u need to go back an see someone else that will give u a proper diagnosis it looks like a blister or some kind of ulcer to me the treatment u have been given will not clear it up if its not herpes so using it wont be effective

• Posted

Kim is the expert in this area - it would be best if you follow what she has directed you to do ......

• Posted

I went to walk in clinic and asked the doctor to prescribe antibiotics and I stop Herpes medicine.

It improved, the ulceration and swelling went away in two days.

But I'm still having this red round shape mark left, the redness does not improve and go away. Is it normal, I'm still worried?

• Posted

Damaged penile skin can take a great deal of time to even begin the process of repair, meaning a day or 2 is almost meaningless for healing to take place.

You must abstain from sex or masturbation for at least 3 weeks to enable the skin to begin to repair itself. If your skin does not look much different after 3 weeks I would go back to the clinic - you may need a steroid OINTMENT to help your penile skin to recover.

Do not be surprised if this literally takes months to recover, and I am meaning way in advance of 3 moths +. You may even need to see a Dermatologist if this situation has not healed after 4 or 5 months.

Help your penile skin by not using soap or shower gel on it, use water only, make sure you carefully dry the damaged skin area by using a clean dry towel that ONLY YOU USE as the presence of any moisture can become a further irritant in itself.

• Posted

it looks better than it did didnt think it was herpes moving forward it can take some time to fully heal anything from days to weeks given the fact it was quite bad in the first place i think its going to take a bit longer and u could still end up with a permanant blemish or small area of redness there once its fully healed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.