Please help I don't know what to do

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I'm Suffering since 6 months from unexplained symptoms. I'm pretty sure it's Afib cause I get something looks like mini stroke 4 months ago(tingling in both hands and legs, mouth dropped, loss vision and dizziness. This last just a few minutes). After this incident I have on going sever health problems. 1- a few of PAC & PVC. 2-sudden fatigue. 3-dizziness and tingling in legs after a short walk. 4- exercise intolerance. 4- feel shaky and unwell. 5-feel as under low blood presser and so nervous. 6- increase heart beats rate with standing.

7- shortness of breathing. 8- pain in the chest.

I made all the heart tests EKG's Eco and Holter.

All of it negative and no Afib. Last test was 2 weeks holter there is no Afib and during the test I get some mild symptoms but not as now very sever.

I made overall check up and blood tests all negative.

Is it possible that Afib so hard to diagnoses what should I do??? Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go to A&E when you have an Afib episode as heart checks won't pick it up if you have a paroxysmal event.
    • Posted

What reaction did you get when going to A&E with AF?

One evening in early December 2013 I phoned the out of hours 111 service. A doctor phoned me back and said that he would make an appointment for me to see the out of hours GP at the hospital.

He listened to my heart and took my pulse and confirmed my diagnosis. He said that if I went round to A&E I would sit there until after midnight to have an ECG and that I would be better to contact my surgery in the morning to have it done there.

I saw a locum as my GP was away. The ECG showed me to be in AF and the locum said that she would write to cardiology to get me an appointment. I asked how long that would take and she said that her letter would take two weeks to get there!

I was already seeing a cardiologist so I phoned his secretary who got one of the registrars to phone me back. He gave me an appointment for the next day and I had another ECG before seing him. I though as I was only two days into AF that I could have a cardiversion without first taking Warfarin for weeks but that is not how it works.

I was already taking Bisoprolol and he added Warfarin and he said that I would hear from them andthe waiting time for cardioversion was about nine weeks.

I got a letter for another Cardio consult for mid January with another registrar and found that he had not arranged for the cardioversion. It was mid March before i eventually had it.

• Posted

With the tingling in both hands plus dizzyness> I would really suspect overbreathing because of panic/nerves.  I think that you're overloading on Oxygen and losing all the CO2. Ask your doctor about this? :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.