Please help!! I don't know what wrong with me!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 19 year old female

I have been doing research all day long, even downloaded the Web md app.

The pain started about 2 years ago, achy joint pains in my wrist, hands, fingers, ankles and toes. The only way I know how to explain the pain from back then is like needing to pop wrist fingers ankles and toed or the pain won't leave despite whether I pop them or not, the dull achyness still wouldn't go away. That pain was bearable, until upto about a week ago every pain I had has intensified.  Every single joint in my body hurts. But especially my hands feet neck and back. I know it's not arthritis because I got tested when the initial pain began. I have researched everything from lupus to lyme disease. The only thing that makes sense is fibro.  I can't ignore this pain, it's unbearable. I've been nursing myself all week hoping maybe its a body cold, but it won't stop tried advil, bear asprin, and Ibprophen.  Nothing even slightly helped.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would GUESS Rheumatoid Arthritis probably with Fibromyalgia. You need to go to a Rheumatologist. They treat both & SEEM more adept at these types of problems...in my experience. 
    • Posted

When the pain started when I was 16 or 17, my pediatrician drew blood and tested me because that's what I thought it was. I feel like this is what arthritis would feel like, but all test came back with no arthritis. They did say I had some elevated levels. I can't remember what it was though. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and get my information
    • Posted

It could be elevated inflammation levels. But so.ething like half the people with RA don't test positive. Sometimes they have to diagnose off symptoms.

But please, let me know what tests were within 25% above or below 'normal'. A lot of times docs don't know how to read tests - or don't care - based on their expertise. 

BTW, 2 years is way too long to go without diagnostics for these symptoms. Especially at your age. 

• Posted

I thought it was normal. I told my grandmother about my pain and she said because I pop my fingers, wrists, ankles and toes that it will hurt forever. But the only reason I pop them is cause they hurt. Now my lower back and neck hurt. It feels like at the time if I pop whatever is hurting it will relieve the pain, but it never does.
    • Posted

I've been where you are with the popping.  Cracking my neck was one I always loved.  Unfortunately my neck is so stiff now I can't pop it.  I have Fibromyalgia & ME/CFS.  Have you got the pain points of Fibromyalgia?  If you do have quite a few of those pain points you need to see the doctors and tell them. Good Luckx
  • Posted

have you tried soaking in a warm bath with epsom salts some people swear by it.

i use magneisum oil and supplements for my fibro have done for 7 yrs .

ialso use heat pads .

i used to have an infra red heat lamp that was good.

but first you need to find out what it is has rhemotoid arthritus been ruled out my daughter came down quick with it at 27 just felt ill for along time and woke up one morning unable to get out of bed .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.