Please help I feel so down i can't take much more of this pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please can anyone help although not properly diagnosed I've had ecgs blood tests examinations bp check and I've been told it's muscular inflammation basically it feels like something is sticking out at the bottom of my left rib cage almost like I need to push it back in does anyone else experience this is really upsetting me I'm convincing myself there's something sinister going on can muscles really do this for no reason

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

I have tietzes syndrome and it often feels like something is sticking out in the wrong place around my lower ribs. How low down is your pain? Mines around my 3rd rib from the bottom on the left side. My pain all started for no reason too.

Gemma

• Posted

Oh thanks so much Gemma for fast response yes about there it is perhaps slightly lower. Sometimes travels to centre If I'm driving or sitting I feel like I need to stretch myself as its sticking out again. Doctor has felt all my tummy etc and says all feels normal and had lots of blood work done again all saying normal x
    • Posted

I feel like I have to support it but can't push it back on because it's rock solid.
    • Posted

Is it possible do you know if you can get muscle knots in front of your body the same as at the back like in shoulders etc. As I have a really bad left shoulder knot
    • Posted

I hope you feel better soon Gemma ! Thankyou for helping it's hugely appreciated.
  • Posted

Hi Emma... I just joined this site also.... I have been told for 10 yrs now it's muscular....My pain is mainly my left rib cage but radiates to chest also... Tight squeezing in chest area....It starts at my lower rib cage though....I do not know if this is what we have but sure sounds it!! At times I feel like I am losing my mind... Know you are not alone.... I hope you find answers...
    • Posted

Thanks Janice so much. It's so strange as when I bend or walk sometimes it feels like it's clicking like it's rubbing against something does that make sense? X
    • Posted

Janice, I am happy to see a long term sufferer! (Although not happy that you are in pain). I have had tietzes for 7 years, got diagnosed at 17. Definetly ask whether it could be tietzes. I've now had 3 operations to remove cartilage as it swells up and mine tends to fall off. Don't worry though thats not normal for tietzes! Have you thought whether it could be Costochodritis? It's the same as tietzes but without the swelling.

Gemma

• Posted

This is the most frustrating and awful thing I've experienced. I honestly would rather go thru natural childbirth. At least then I'd know it would be over sad

Try to eliminate emotional stress. I know it's hard but stress actually makes the pain worse.

Acupuncture, cold packs, and scalene physical/massage therapy helps me.

And you have to find the right doctor- took me over a dozen in two years to get this manageable.

Don't give up! My thoughts are with you.

• Posted

Also don't know if this has contributed but I had to go for a massage as had the most awful trapped knots all on left side shoulder back and apparently the lady was so shocked she said the knot was that bad it needed a name lol. Do you think knots in back can radiate around the front x
    • Posted

I also have issues with my left shoulder I assume because of the way I sit when my ribs are really bad.
    • Posted

Hi, has acupuncture helped? I am back off to the pain clinic, and acupuncture is one of the few things I haven't tried yet!
    • Posted

I really hope it eases for you Gemma this site is a godsend you feel sometimes alone and then kind people make you feel a bit more at ease that your not alone so thanks again!
    • Posted

Thank you. Definetly you guys are the first people I've found that have pain on the left lower ribs! Haven't found anyone who has had operations for it yet but at least there are others out there going through the same thing! I find it very frustrating as the majority of doctors I have seen have no idea what tietzes syndrome is let alone how to treat it.
    • Posted

Sometimes it can be referred pain from muscles not in the general area. Try acupuncture definitely. Even if that helps, look into a certified massage or physical therapist and for scalene therapy- you will need several sessions but it COULD eliminate it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.