Please help I feel stupid and scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and take tabs for high bp.

Today I had an energy drink on an empty stomach and had half a tin of tuna 2 hours later.

I had a really stressed day and only after work, when I was destressing did I start having heart palpitations. I think this is also due to me reading that you can die from an energy drink on an empty stomach.

I have eaten supper but still feel tingling sensation.

Should I be scared or am I just over analysing the situation.

By the way I also suffer with sinuses and we have just had run after a 6 week hot and dry spell.

Please help!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Energy drinks qre caffiene and speed based of course they would give you palpatatiiins. Dont drink that stuff unless its a nutritional smoothie or shake. Its counter productive to anxiety and blood pressure. Drink lotsof water to flood your system and throw out any caffiennated energy drinks.
    • Posted

I agree shakes and smoothies are better they are pure crash free energy
  • Posted

It depends on what you mean by energy drink, Is it a fruit based drink or a can of redbull? Stimulants (like redbull type drinks) could aggrevate your anxiety but so could a fruit smoothie as its full of sugar.

Try not to worry as it will wear off soon.

• Posted

Hey Forrest

Unfortunately it was an energy drink like red bull :-(

Know I will NEVER do that again

• Posted

Aw im sure is uncimfotable. Give it a day to calm down and keep drinking water.
  • Posted

The palpitations should die down in a while, if the dont in a couple of hours and you are still scared, call 111, they will advise you.

I have palpitations all the time, mainly at night, super scary ad afraid to go to sleep..

But they do stop, though mine last for hours..;(

• Posted

Under normal circumstances even when I only drink water all day,I can have them for hours.

Know your pain,feel for you.

• Posted

You honestly need to be careful with your blood pressure and if you still feel ill call your go and have him check you. Make sure your bp is under control

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.