Please help.. I'm going crazy.. persistent sore throats...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wake up everyday with a sore throat, today is by far the worst regarding pain... I don't have heart burn or regugatation or a cough just the feeling of something in my throat and it's always sore like I have a cold..I don't take any tablets at the moment as waiting on the results of the endoscopy In two days. I'm just so worried it's going to be something serious like the big c... does anybody else wake up with a sore throats everyday... ??

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I very often have a sore throat , had all the test but only thing showed up was acid ,coughing for years heaaces and sweets, started on tablets for acid reflex about year ago seemed to stop coughing but still fell as something in throat , have in last few days tried to stop tablets as lot bad reports about them but if get bad again will take them better than felling ill all the time 
    • Posted

It's a nightmare Doreen, I'm sick of been poorly with this... I hope I get some answers on Tuesday... even when I've got cold or flu my throat doesn't hurt this bad... hope you get some improvements soon..

• Posted

Hi 

There are many answers and suggestion on forums. My Advice is - get it seen to asap and don't mess with this stuff. My father died from cancer caused by relux as did his sister and mother. I have just had an op for an Hiatus Hernia as well as the Fundoplication. It is 5 days later and I feel great. No acid, no feeling like something stuck in my throat etc etc. The recovery period is anything up to 6 weeks but that depends on you and how you see your situation, I can swallow normally , take tablets etc etc but according to Drs advice I am on liquids only and will start sloppy foods tomorrow.

I had severe acid reflux that was uncontrollable even mith maximum dodes of Domperidone, Ezomeprazole and Ranitidine. My whole throat, oesophagus and even larynx were burned by the acid.

I am so pleased to have had it seen to.

All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.