Please Help!! I want my life back!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi folks my name is Anthony, I'm 25 years old, 5'7 185lbs muscular, I eat some what healthy here & there but I am very active. I work for a moving company and walk my dog an hour in the morning and an hour at night, I lift weights on my off days but Something scary happened to me on July/8/2016 while standing in line at the post office I almost fainted for the first time. Now the room wasn't spinning and I didn't see colors, I just started to feel as if I were light headed and as if my chest was palpitating so I grabbed on to the line divider. This entire ordeal here lasted 10 seconds and right after I walked outside very fast and sat at the bus stop, luckily for me the bus was pulling up and once I was inside the air conditioning calmed me down. While walking around the block to get home I felt this attack coming once more so rushed home turned on the air conditioning and relaxed. The next morning I woke up and felt very off balance when ever I walked around and my head felt light headed as well. I decided eat around 11:00am And had rice with beans as well as spinach and beef with 2 cups of orange juice. Soon after I felt nauseous, then suddenly felt short of breath and as if my heart was palpitating while still having the this off balance lightheaded feeling. Finally I called my mother she decided we needed to go to the ER, shortly after I hung up the attack subsided and we arrived at the ER an 2 hours later. When we had seen the Nurses and Doctors the standard test were ran at first: blood, sugar, pulse, temp and EKG and everything looked normal except my blood sugar was a little low, but by this time I had not eaten since the morning. The doctors did a neurological physical exam on me and everything check out normal, soon after a chest X-RAY and everything was fine with that too. I was sent home and told to follow up with a cardiologist at some point in the week, bu that could not wait because all through Sunday I had the imbalance, lightheaded feelings still. I returned to the ER on July/10/2016 I returned to the ER for the same reasons as the first except this time I had a fatigue in my right ear not enough for me to feel pain though. Soon after I had all of the same test done except for the Chest X-RAY and it all looked normal again, also I had an ear check done and that was okay, then I was prescribed MecliZine which is used for dizzy and in worse cases Vertigo then I was on my way home. The next morning I went to my pharmacy up the block and still felt as if I was going to faint while having the same symptoms, thus finally made it back home took a pill and 2 hours after felt as if it enhanced the lightheaded imbalance feelings it also made me very tired so I went to sleep, this would be the first and last time I took that pill. 4 days later I went back to the ER except this time added either the other symptoms bright lights were beginning to fatigue my eyes and certain things at a distance didn't look as clear, nothing had changed and this was becoming a 24 hour feeling. They did an MRI and saw that there were tiny dots on the images, they asked me to admit myself so they can get me another MRI with contrast this time be sure of what they saw was possibly normal or not as well if something were to happen I would be right at the hospital. I would soon be spending 4 days in the hospital with the same symptoms and had tons of the same questions asked and had 3 more blood test, the last of which was sent out for further testing of other things. Then my MRI with contrast was finished and showed nothing serious at all, also there was a sonogram done on my heart and everything looked normal. I was soon discharged and told my blood test would be back in 2 weeks and I will be assigned a doctor and so forth. It is almost 2 weeks since I have been back home so I hope there is good news of what it may be, none the less with my own research at home and constant reading of different things it could be I did come across one thing that I feel like it is most likely, and that is Labyrinthtitus. The reason I believe this is every single symptom I've had since July/8/2016 All falls under Labyrinthtitus. From the beginning of imbalance lightheaded, sensitivity to light, ear was fatigued and certain noises or tones would irritate my right ear, to the tiredness, sometimes feeling nauseous, sometimes having a fear of dying, on and off feeling of my heart palpitating, all of this was described with Labyrinthtitus. Now 2 weeks out from the ER the Imbalance lightheaded feelings arent as bad as they were but everything else is still bad. If you have any info or any stories to help me out here please don't hesitate, I just want my life back and I'm honestly sad and very afraid but I'm trying not be, thanks sorry if this was so long.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anthony. I'm a 31-year-old mother of two. I pretty much have all the symptoms you describe minus the sound sensitivity of one specific ear. (For me sound sensitivity is when it feels like noise hurts my brain.) Very similar to your experience, a few times I felt like I almost fainted while waiting in line at the store, and then recovered when I got fresh air outside. I've also had debilitating fatigue (lack fo energy) accompanied with blurred vision. I've been having these symptoms on and off for maybe a year now and probably longer. I haven't gone to the doctor because I don't believe in taking medication and natural doctors are too far away.  I feel better today compared to a year ago. I still get palpitations and light-headedness but overall I'm feeling more functional. I've had to cut way back on exercise because I get lightheaded, and I let my husband do a lot of the grocery shopping now. I also had to increase my salt intake (I only eat natural salts like sea salt and Himalayan pink salt) and water intake. I used to believe in the low-sodium = better advice, but now I salt my food to my liking. Sometimes adding salt to my water helps with palpitations, but not always. Improving my digestion and as a result increasing food intake also helped me increase my energy and I no longer feel cold all the time. A big thing that helped me is to accept my illness. I used to feel bothered by the fact that every time I shop at the store, I get blurred vision, fatigue, shortness of breath, etc., or that I can't go shopping or exercise without feeling faint. However after a while I just accepted it as normal for me, for now. I found that as soon as I accepted it and stopped stressing about it, I felt a little better and the symptoms bothered me less. I'm sorry I couldn't offer any great advice since I haven't regained my health completely, either. I do feel for you and hope sharing my experience helps in some small way.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience! I hope you keep getting better everyday!
  • Posted

Hi, Anthony. I can well understand how these symptoms must feel very scary for you. I don't know anything about labyrinthitus, so I can't speak to that health issue. I assume since you're posting on this forum that you think you might have ME/CFS. Do you have debilitating fatigue? Unrefreshing sleep? Got to the "solve me/cfs initiative" website, and see if the symptoms resonate with you. This illness would be hard to diagnose in so short a time. It's only been three weeks, and though it must seem long and horrible to you, in the scheme of things, that's not much time. The good thing is you've ruled out many conditions through all your tests. It's totally possible that your symptoms may diminish with time. This happened to my cousin. She had all these weird symptoms, went to Mayo Clinic (one of the best in the U.S.), they couldn't find anything, and gradually she just got better. 

• Posted

I really hope if it is similar to your cousins situation because not knowing is frightening, thank you for your words
  • Posted

Hi Anthony

Sounds like you've been going through a torrid time of late. I'm presuming you have posted your comments on the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome section of this site as you suspect this maybe one of the causes for your symptoms? Have you had any results from your blood tests yet? I think I'm right in saying that if you did have an infection like Labyrinthtitus, this would show up on blood tests, so you should really wait for your results to come through. What I've read about this condition is that it can take quite a few weeks for it to clear up, and you need a lot of rest and keep up your fluids, at least 2 litres of water a day. As for all the symptoms you are experiencing there are many possibilities, from infections like the one you mentioned, to possibly something as simple as dehydration. One thing that does seem a possibility is you may have developed a slight case of anxiety. I'm 42 years of age and up until 2 years ago never had anything go wrong with me, my partner used to call me 'unbreakable'. Yet for the last 2 years I have been feeling awful, experiencing many symptoms, yet all the tests and investigations I've had done show nothing wrong, and I have had loads of tests done. I was recently diagnosed with CFS/ME because of this. I know that when my symptoms started, I worried a lot, and at my worst, I had thoughts and feeling like something serious was wrong, especially with heart palpitations and dizziness I was getting. Anyway, since having my first severe bout of problems, I used to get slight panic attacks if my symptoms got worse, which is a sign of anxiety, and something I have been diagnosed with. Now, I look at the extensive testing I've been through, and use this to reassure myself that there isn't anything life threatening going on, and as such, this has made the anxiety symptoms ease a lot. You should be able to take some comfort in the tests and investigations you've had done already into your symptoms, and the fact that nothing too serious has shown up.

Take care and all the best for the future.

• Posted

Thank you Paul for sharing I'm glad that you are okay and managing your situation, it's rough and I'm doing my best to hang in there!

• Posted

I'm so sorry.  I' m not going to be much help, but I can tell you that you are not alone in having these sorts of symptoms pop up out of the blue when you were healthy. It seems so unfair. I'm in the same boat, and I am currently visiting an 18 year old neice who is also suffering in this way.  Good for you eating so healthy!

I do beleive our bodies are trying to tell us that they need something, or to do somethings differently.  But what???  That question is different for different people I think

• Posted

Thank you! I hope your niece gets better as well, it's a terrible or deal when this happens. I mean one day I'm going about my business ready to take on anything having big plans for the future and then this just completely shuts down everything. It sucks so much !

• Posted

This happened to me and the cause of it was mono (also called glandular fever depending what country you're in). I never had typical symptoms of sore throat etc. My first symptoms were a feeling of off balance and limb weakness. Hopefully they're checking for it in your blood work! Good luck.

• Posted

Hi there Anthony,

I had laberynthtitis some time ago (more than 20) and it is extremely horrible! There are so many symptoms to it. It's a virus and no one knows why some people get badly affected. I got mine along with 3 people I know. Each of us had recurring symptoms later.

I have unconnected cfs/me now and sometimes symptoms are similar.

The laberynthitis issues have had me wake up in the middle of the night feeling terrified because its like you're on the steepest roller coaster and have just gone over the edge! If you've researched it, the labyrinth in the ear controls balance and with the problems you're having it sounds like yours is definitely being affected. There are treatments for it though so Persevere. Check your vitamin b12 levels too as it was found I had a deficiency when I was struggling with the laberynthitis symptoms.

Best wishes

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.