please help! im desperate!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im new to this group, i have had epilepsy since i was 9 and im 24 now. I just had a little girl june 24, i have two boys one is two, the other is 1. The boys pregnancy went well and after birth did too. However, i have had 13 seizures in the past four weeks. I have grand mal. They started the night my grandfather died. I have gone to neurologist they have adjusted meds etc nothing is working but it gets worse. I have this constant feeling like im going to have one. Almost like im not in my body. Sort of a numbness except its constant do any of you experience that or have you gone through this? Bc im extremely scared i cant even hold my baby. I have never had anything last this long.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used to have 11 episodes a week with three grand mal fits at a time, it is now 2 or three a week.

It sounds as if your problem may be caused by stress related to grief and will get better, you will not be stuck in this place forever.

Have you contacted the Epilepsy Society, they are very helpful, as I know from my own experience.

So far as holding your baby there are ways so please do not despair. Do you get a warning and if so how long before the fit occurs? Have you a health visiitor?

Sorry this seems alot of questions.

Big hugs and thoughts coming your way along with the reassurance that it will get better. xxx

• Posted

I havent contacted the epilepsy society yet i have always handled things on my own until now. I only have my husband to help me but he gets out of the army in november so he wont be as available to help me. As for the warning ill freeze up and start jerking the second it happens sad throughout the day i will usually have had a few warning twitches or electrical jolts. The thirteen i had, they were in groups one i had five at a time yhe other two i had four. Ativan is what they gave me to stop it but it wont control it forever so im really feeling lost. And im so sorry for ypur fits but i have never known anyome who knows what i go thru. 
    • Posted

No-one can truly know what another is going through as we are all different. You have only had 15yrs dealing with this, I am 49 and have had epilepsy since I was born so at times can seem rather blaise about it.

The society is online as Epilepsy Action, has fantastic leaflets, a magazine and many local support groups. If you have one near you they are well worth going to as they have speakers who are leaders in their field as well as providing people to chat with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.