Please help! Ingrown hair or STI ? Odd bump on outer labia

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 4 days ago i noticed what i thought was just an ingrown hair or irritation from a new body wash i was using. just a little pain with wiping. Yesterday it looked more like a pus filled pimple but today when i had showered it "burst" and out came bloody discharge! i do regularly wax and did have protected sex with a new partner the day after a wax a couple weeks ago. the same partner and i did have unprotected sex for the first time 3 days ago but i had the "bump" before we had intercourse. sorry if my post is confusing. i am a little panicked. 1st pic is yesterday 2nd is today right after it burst 3rd pic is a few hours after it burst . thanks for reading imageimageimage

i absolutely plan on getting tested as soon as i can find a facility that is open

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it might just be a pimple/ingrown hair since you said it was there before having unprotected sex. since you did end up having unprotected sex it is still always a good idea to get checked. you should always get checked when changing sex partners, having unprotected sexual contact with new partners, suspect cheating in a monogamous relationship, or develop symptoms. practice safe sex and know the sexual health of your partner.

• Posted

it looks like a infected ingrown hair but i would be tested for herpes just to be safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.