Please help! Is it piles?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay let me hope to get everything in this... Sorry in advance, some bits could be graphic..

So about a year ago I felt like I had something like a lump just inside my anus, I went to the doctor and he said piles, thought nothing of it went on with my life it didn't bleed or cause me pain. Well fast foword to today, for about 2 months now I have had a change in bowl habits (I suffer from ibs I was told by the doctor) I use yo go yo the toilet frequent and it would just slide out of me no issues, some days it would be the runs others just normally lose stools, well now I can't go I struggle to go I have to sit on the toilet for a little bit before I can go it feels like it's blocked just inside, I'm also getting a weird smell when I go yo the toilet it's very foul smelling. I have had really soft stools that are hard to come out, and really hard ones, the big hard ones cause me no pain just a little sort on one side when it comes out. There is allot of mucus and I'm getting stomach pain, does this sound like piles or what??? Please help I'm really worried

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

How old are you?

Any blood in stool or weight loss?

Where is the tummy pain, when do you get it and what does it feel like?

• Posted

I'm 27 I get no blood and to stomach pain is all around my tummy but in my groins a lot as well it feels like I have gas kinda pain or need yo go toilet but I can't go.

• Posted

And no weight loss as far as I can tell
    • Posted

When was the last time you opened your bowels?

Do you get abdominal cramps - if so how frequently and in which part of the tummy?

• Posted

Last night I went I do still go it might not be every day but at least every 2 days. The cramps just come and go when they please, some times it's there for a couple hours but I also have been passing allot of gas. But not always abdominal right now I have a little discomfort in the right groin.

• Posted

I was told years ago I have ibs d, can it change like this? I've been struggleing to go to the toilet I really have to strain to go.. It's do annoying.

• Posted

Yes IBS is idiopathic colonic spasms and it can result in both diarrhoea (when they push stool forward) and constipation (when they push stool backwards). It depends on the position in the colon where the spasms occur.

Have you had a colonoscopy?

• Posted

I went for one in January but they only got a little bit in as it caused me so much pain. I then tried again a few months later and the laxative didn't work.

• Posted

I think you do need to have one. I don't think it'll find anything - but to be safe.

• Posted

Hi Tydfil

The fact that when you had a colonoscopy they couldn't get it round or in very far indicates that you may have narrowing of the colon. This happens to many people when they have diverticulutis. This is extremely common in the western world. I think the crampy pain you get is probably because of that too. Try taking a stool Softener like Laxido but not laxatives. This might help. I was diagnosed with IBS but then had another colonoscopy with complete sedation and the diagnosis was diverticulitis. You should go back to your dr. Do not be scared, they will sort it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.